Subject: FW: Estonia's experience - POS machines certification
From: "RAM Info"
To: "MKM info"
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 14:30:25 +0300

Tere!

Edastame tulenevalt kuuluvusele Majandus- ja
Kommunikatsiooniministeeriumile vastamiseks Rahandusministeeriumile
saabunud pöördumise.

Teadmiseks: Ministry of Economics Republic of Latvia  Ksenija Tkačenko
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

Lugupidamisega

Rahandusministeerium

From: Ksenija Tkačenko <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2024 12:10 PM
To: RAM Info <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Cc: Anda Paegle <[email-masked]>
Subject: Estonia's experience - POS machines certification

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Good afternoon!

My name is Ksenija Tkacenko and I work at the Ministry of Economics of the
Republic of Latvia.

We are very interested in Estonia's experience in the issue of
certification and maintenance of POS machines.

Unfortunately, we could not find the information we were interested in on
the Internet.

We are interested in the following questions:

1) Is it necessary for an entrepreneur to certify a POS machine? How does
the certification procedure for cash registers proceed and how much does
it cost?

2) Is it compulsory in Estonia for an entrepreneur to conclude a contract
with a POS support company?

3) Maybe in Estonia there are some other requirements that apply to the
entrepreneur if he is using a POS machine in his business activities?

Any other additional information would be greatly appreciated as well.

If possible, we kindly ask for feedback by May 4, 2024

Ksenija Tkacenko

Ministry of Economics

Republic of Latvia

Entrepreneurship Competitiveness Department

Senior Expert

+371 67013203

+371 25935054

ksenija <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

Brīvības iela 55, Rīga, LV-1519, Latvia

E-mail:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked],
<http://www.em.gov.lv/> www.em.gov.lv