Subject: Feedback on the draft Act amending the Tobacco Act and the State Fees Act – JDM/260826
From: Juan Taborcía <[email-masked]>
To: "Justiits- ja Digiministeerium" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2026 17:43:50 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

To the Ministry of Justice and Digital Affairs,

Please find attached Considerate Pouchers' feedback on the draft amendments 
to the Tobacco Act and the State Fees Act (JDM/260826), published for 
consultation on July 28th 2026.

In summary, we are concerned that the proposed 4 mg/g nicotine limit and the 
restrictive flavour list would remove the products adult consumers rely on 
to move away from cigarettes, pushing demand toward illicit and cross-border 
channels rather than reducing harm. We also flag the short consultation 
window and the need for notification under Directive (EU) 2015/1535.

We would welcome the opportunity to discuss these points further with the 
Ministry of Justice and the Ministry of Social Affairs.

Kind regards,

-- 

Juan Rafael Taborcía
Global Spokesperson -  <http://consideratepouchers.org> Considerate Pouchers