Subject: Invitation Letter for the Diplomatic briefing , August 12, 2024
From: "Victorya Zhovtenko" <[email-masked]>
To: "Victorya Zhovtenko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2024 15:30:33 +0300

Dear Colleagues,
The Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting would like to
invite you for our regular monthly ‘Diplomatic Briefing’ during which IER
experts share their views on the economic situation in Ukraine as well as
present the results of recent business tendency survey.
The next Diplomatic Briefing dedicated to a discussion “Ukraine’s economic
situation and challenges in July 2024” will be held online via Zoom on
August 12, 2024, Monday, from 16:00 to 17:00 Kyiv time (9:00-10:00 EST /
15:00-16:00 CEST).
During the briefing IER experts will discuss the recent economic trends,
challenges and outlook. The Government initiated amendments to the State
Budget Law for 2024 to receive financing for defence and security sphere
as international defence support in the first half of the year was lower
than expected.
Besides, the war remains active, even though the IMF program as well as
Budget-2024 figures were based on the assumption that war will be less
active in the second half of 2024. As a result, the Government submitted
the draft law on tax increases, which is highly debated in Ukraine. We
will explore this topic during the outlook. We will also outline recent
economic trends (trade developments, monetary policy, inflation, etc.) and
provide our outlook for 2025. Besides, the results of the IER business
tendency survey, conducted in July, will be presented.
Speakers:
Oleksandra Betliy, macroeconomic, public finance, social and healthcare
expert, IER Leading Research Fellow;
Vitaliy Kravchuk, macroeconomic, monetary policy and financial market
expert, IER Leading Research Fellow;
Oksana Kuziakiv, IER Chief Executive, Head of the Center for Contemporary
Society studies.
The meeting will be moderated by Iryna Kosse, IER Leading Research Fellow.
English is a working language of the meeting.
We sincerely hope that you can honor us with your presence.
Please, register for the participation in the Briefings via e-mail to
Victoriya Zhovtenko: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

 <http://www.ier.com.ua/en>

Reytarska 8/5-А, 01054 Kyiv

е-mail: [email-masked]

 <https://www.facebook.com/IER.Kyiv>

IER.Kyiv

 <https://twitter.com/IER_Kyiv>

@IER_Kyiv