Subject: To NFPs FOR ACTION: Participation to survey on prevention and response measures to avian influenza outbreaks in animals
From: "ECDC respiratory viruses" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "ECDC Info" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2024 16:25:15 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

To:         National Focal Points for Viral Respiratory Diseases

Cc:         National Coordinators

Dear colleagues,

According to the latest 
<https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/avian-influenza-overview-december-2023-march-2024> 
ECDC/EFSA avian influenza monitoring report, highly pathogenic avian 
influenza (HPAI) A(H5N1) has been widespread in wild bird populations across 
EU/EEA and many countries have reported detections or outbreaks of HPAI 
A(H5N1) in wild or domestic animals since 1 January 2023. So far, there have 
been no confirmed cases of A(H5N1) infection in humans in the EU/EEA.

We would like to invite you to participate to a survey 
<https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/avianinfluenza_survey_2024>  that aims 
to collect the latest information focusing on the implementation of 
preventive and response measures. ECDC has recently published a number of 
guidance documents to further support countries with adapting and improving 
prevention and response measures (link to documents at the end of this 
email). This survey aims to understand nationally implemented guidance 
related to avian influenza and established norms at national level.

Please note, this survey is directed to National Focal Points for 
respiratory viruses and National Focal Points for preparedness, with one 
response required per country.

We envision that NFPs consolidate information from wider teams at national 
level.

We kindly ask you to complete the survey by 24 May 2024, EOB.

The survey can be found here: 
https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/avianinfluenza_survey_2024

Please find below a list of recently published documents:

Oct 2022: 
<https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/zoonotic-influenza-virus-infections-humans-testing-and-detection> 
Testing and detection of zoonotic influenza virus infections in humans in 
the EU/EEA, and occupational safety and health measures for those exposed at 
work

Jun 2023: 
<https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/enhanced-surveillance-severe-avian-influenza-virus-infections-hospital-settings> 
Enhanced surveillance of severe avian influenza virus infections in hospital 
settings in the EU/EEA

Sep 2023: 
<https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/avian-influenza-infections-surveillance-eu-eea> 
Targeted surveillance to identify human infections with avian influenza 
virus during the influenza season 2023/24, EU/EEA

Dec 2023: 
<https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/avian-influenza-investigation-protocol-human-cases> 
Investigation protocol for human exposures and cases of avian influenza in 
the EU/EEA

Mar 2024: 
<https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/avian-influenza-overview-december-2023-march-2024> 
Avian influenza overview December 2023–March 2024

Apr 2024: 
<https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/drivers-pandemic-due-avian-influenza-and-options-one-health-mitigation-measures> 
Drivers for a pandemic due to avian influenza and options for One Health 
mitigation measures

Best regards,

The ECDC Respiratory Viruses and Legionella group

European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)Gustav III:s boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden

Phone +46 (0)8 58 60 10 00

 <https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/> www.ecdc.europa.eu

Follow ECDC on:

 <http://www.facebook.com/ECDC.EU>

 <http://twitter.com/ecdc_eu>

 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ecdc>

 <http://www.youtube.com/user/ECDCchannel>

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby kindly 
requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content to any 
third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous transmittal.