Subject: Invitation: online meeting, support Member States in responding to public health impacts of extreme heat, 6 July 2026 12:00-13:30 CEST
From: "EURO CEH" <[email-masked]>
To: "EURO CEH" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2026 16:02:01 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

To:

European Environment and Health Task Force (EHTF)

Working Group on Health in Climate Change (HIC)

National International Health Regulations (IHR) focal points

WHO National Counterparts

 

Cc:

WHO Representatives and Heads of Country Offices

WHO Secretariat

Dear colleagues,

As part of its response to the ongoing record-breaking heatwave affecting 
many countries across the Region, WHO/Europe, in cooperation with the 
Co-Chairs of the Health in Climate Change Working Group of the European 
Environment and Health Task Force and the network of IHR national focal 
points is convening an ad-hoc online meeting to support Member States in 
responding to the public health impacts of extreme heat.

Date: 6 July 2026
Time: 12:00 – 13:30 CEST

Duration: 90 minutes

Language: English (with automatic translated captioning in Russian)
Format: Hybrid (online participation on Zoom)

Please register at the following link:

 <https://who.zoom.us/meeting/register/S3e0UydiStu3dz2zPA-LmQ> Registration 
link

The session will serve as a rapid "check-in" with Member States to exchange 
on the impacts observed and responses deployed under the current heatwave, 
share experiences and lessons learned, identify emerging needs and 
challenges, and discuss how WHO/Europe can best support countries during the 
remainder of the summer.

To support a focused discussion, Member States’ representatives are invited 
to reflect on the following guiding questions:

*	What are the main public health impacts and operational challenges 
currently being observed in relation to the extreme heat, including the 
population groups, settings or services of greatest concern?
*	Which response measures have been activated, including national emergency 
management mechanisms under IHR?
*	What is working well, and where are the main gaps or constraints in 
preparedness, response, coordination or communication?
*	What lessons drawn from the current response should inform preparedness 
for further heat events later this season, and in the future?
*	What type of immediate or additional support from the WHO/Europe would be 
most useful during the current event and for the remainder of the summer?

The 90-minute webinar will take place as the opening session of the 
<https://www.who.int/europe/initiatives/european-environment-and-health-process-(ehp)/ehp-partnerships/ehp-partnership-for-health-sector-climate-action> 
EHP Partnership for Health Sector Climate Action strategic meeting, which 
will be held in a hybrid format in Skopje, North Macedonia, on 6-7 July 
2026.

The discussion will be framed by the recent Call for Action of the 
Pan-European Commission on Climate and Health, particularly its emphasis on 
strengthening heat-health action planning. It will build on the commitments 
made by all Member States in the 2023 Budapest Declaration to develop 
heat-health action plans, as well as on the launch of the updated WHO 
Heat-health action plans guidance on 11 June.

In case of questions, please contact Dr Vladimir Kendrovski ( 
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked])

We look forward to your participation and to a productive meeting.

Kind regards,

Francesca Racioppi                                                     Dr 
Ihor Perehinets

Head, WHO European Centre for                               Director, Health 
Security and Regional

Environment, Climate Change and Health                 Emergency

---

EHP Secretariat
WHO Regional Office for Europe | European Centre for Environment, Climate 
Change and Health | Bonn, Germany
E-mail:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked] | Web: 
<https://www.who.int/europe/initiatives/european-environment-and-health-process-(ehp)> 
European Environment and Health Process (EHP)