Subject: FW: PTD - Joint Industry Statement
From: "MKM info"
To: "MKM info"
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 16:40:34 +0300

From: Annalaura Gallo <[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> >
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:05 PM
To: Kadi Avingo <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >
Subject: PTD - Joint Industry Statement

Dear Kadi,

I am Annalaura Gallo, EU Affairs Director of eu travel tech, the European
association of the travel technology platforms.

Ahead of tomorrow’s Council meeting on the PTD, I wanted to share with you
this joint industry statement on behalf of a broad coalition of
organisations in the travel and tourism sector including eu travel tech.
In the statement, the signatories ask the European Commission, Council and
European Parliament to reconsider provisions such as the limitation of
pre-payments and the expanded definition of travel package because of the
risks they would pose to businesses in our sector and the challenges they
would create for consumers.

The statement is being sent to Vice-President Jourová today and will be
made public tomorrow.

I would be grateful if you could share it with your colleagues in the
Ministry as well.

Many thanks,

Annalaura

Director EU Affairs
eu travel tech
M: 0032 471 328098
 <https://www.eutraveltech.eu/> https://www.eutraveltech.eu/
Transparency Register number: 70614728635-77