Subject: FW: EMSA project Request for interview
From: "Jaanus Matso" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "info transpordiamet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2026 08:54:44 +0300

Dear Ms. Kourounioti,

I apologize for my late response; I was out of the office.

I have forwarded your email to the more appropriate contacts at the
Ministry of Climate of Estonia:

1.	Ms. Kaidi Katus - Head of Maritime Department (
<mailto:[email-masked]>
[email-masked] );

2.	Mr. Kristjan Truu - Deputy Secretary General on Maritime Affairs
and Water Resources, 

(  <mailto:[email-masked]>
[email-masked] ).

Best regards,

Captain Jaanus Matso

CNTA Focal Point/Senior Inspector

Seafarers Certification Department

Phone: +372 510 8016

 <http://www.transpordiamet.ee/> www.transpordiamet.ee

       Heli 6 / 12618 Tallinn / Estonia

       Estonian Transport Administration

 

From: Kourounioti, Ioanna < <mailto:[email-masked]>
[email-masked]> 
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2026 2:38 PM
To: Jaanus Matso < <mailto:[email-masked]>
[email-masked]>
Cc: Clarke, Martin < <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]>;
Dinis Franco, Catarina < <mailto:[email-masked]>
[email-masked]>; Mariann Rackebrandt (LU) <
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]>; Christine
Teuma (MT) < <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]>;
Sara Gobetti (LU) < <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]>
Subject: EMSA project Request for interview

Dear Mr Matso,

On behalf of the Panteia B.V. and PwC EU Services EESV consortium, we are
reaching out to you in the context of the MARCOMPASS study, commissioned
by the European Maritime Safety Agency (EMSA) under Call for Tenders No.
EMSA/2025/OP/0031.

The MARCOMPASS study (Mapping Evolving Competencies and Emerging Job
Profiles within Maritime Administrations) aims to assess the implications
of ongoing regulatory and technological transformations, notably those
driven by decarbonisation and digitalisation, on the functions,
competencies and workforce requirements of maritime administrations. Its
purpose is to support strategic workforce planning, institutional
adaptation and the design of targeted capacity-building actions at
European level.

The specific objectives of the study are:

1. Map the Legal and Regulatory Drivers

2. Identify Emerging Competencies and New Job Profiles

3. Assess the Impact on New and Existing Job Profiles and Competency
Requirements.

4. Identify Gaps and Future Needs

As part of our study's methodology, we are conducting a series of
stakeholder interviews to validate and enrich our analytical findings. We
would therefore like to invite you to participate in a one-hour interview
at your convenience. Your input will play an important role in
strengthening the quality and relevance of our study. You can also find
attached the Letter of Support from EMSA. 

The interview will cover key themes such as evolving job profiles,
emerging competency requirements, and the practical implications of
regulatory and technological change for maritime administration
workforces. The interview will last approximately one hour in an online
format, at your convenience. All input will be treated confidentially and
used solely for the purposes of this study.

We would like to suggest the following time slots for your consideration
(all times CET):

*	Monday, 11 May 13:00-17:00
*	Tuesday, 12 May 13:00-17:00
*	Wednesday, 13 May 14:00-17:00
*	Friday, 15 May 14:00-17:00

If none of these time slots are convenient, please do not hesitate to
suggest an alternative date and time and we will do our best to
accommodate your schedule.

If you are not the appropriate contact person within your organisation, we
would greatly appreciate it if you could forward this email to the
relevant colleague.

Thank you very much for considering. If you have any additional questions,
please do not hesitate to conduct me

With kind regards,

Ioanna Kourounioti
Consultant

 

 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

 <https://panteia.nl/> www.panteia.nl

 

+31 (0)6 21966962

 

Bredewater 26
2715 CA Zoetermeer
Nederland
Postbus 7001
2701 AA Zoetermeer

 <https://facebook.com/panteia.onderzoek/> 

 <https://nl.linkedin.com/company/panteia/> 

	

 

Deze e-mail is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde(n). Verstrekking
aan en gebruik door anderen is niet toegestaan. Panteia sluit iedere
aansprakelijkheid uit die voortvloeit uit elektronische verzending.