Subject: Knowledge Exchange and Technology Transfer Framework: Indian South-Subregional SME Ecosystems
From: "Director ISED" <[email-masked]>
To: "info - MKM" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2026 10:49:01 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

June 27, 2026

The Head,

SME and Business Environment Division
Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications / Majandus- ja 
Kommunikatsiooniministeerium
Suur-Ameerika 1, 10122 Tallinn, Estonia
Email:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

Subject: Knowledge Exchange and Technology Transfer Framework: Indian 
South-Subregional SME Ecosystems

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to you from the  <https://isedpublications.org/> Institute of 
Small Enterprises and Development (ISED), India, to explore an institutional 
nexus focused on research cooperation, policy benchmarking, and digital 
enterprise resilience frameworks in the global economy.

As the leading ministry for economic governance and small business digital 
support in Estonia, your division plays a foundational role in sustaining 
enterprise growth, startup ecosystem support, and automated trade 
frameworks. Similarly, ISED functions as a premier knowledge institution 
driving small enterprise development across South India and globally. Our 
analytical hub, the ISED Small Enterprise Observatory, actively tracks 
country-wise SME structural shifts. In 2026, our dominant focus is 
“Enterprise Security”—safeguarding SMEs from volatile external shocks 
through diagnostic toolsets that have been incorporated into current 
analytical work by the OECD Committee on SMEs and Entrepreneurship, of which 
ISED is an invited member.

We believe there are immense academic and socio-economic benefits to be 
realized by linking Estonian public innovation channels and research 
networks with South Indian academic and industrial hubs. South India is an 
economic powerhouse driven by technology, leading research academic 
institutions, and a highly agile entrepreneurial class. By creating a 
collaborative bridge, we can facilitate:

1.	Digital Scholar & Expert Exchange: Cross-leveraging deep research on 
digital economic security, building upon ISED's historic collaboration with 
premier global bodies like the Netherlands' DGIS, Free University, and 
UNU-WIDER.
2.	Inclusive Tech Transfers: Partnering to discover how secure digital 
frameworks, cloud data logistics, and AI-driven tools can be scaled for 
traditional small-scale enterprise manufacturing clusters.
3.	Resilience Diagnostics: Jointly evaluating diagnostic metrics to protect 
vulnerable medium-sized tech and manufacturing firms from international 
supply chain disruptions.

We look forward to an opportunity to present our framework to your policy 
teams. We would be honoured to have a representative from your ministry join 
us as a speaker at the ISED Annual Small Enterprise Lecture this coming 
August.

Yours sincerely,

P.M. Mathew

Senior Fellow& Director

P.M.Mathew, Ph.D/डॉ.पी.एम.मैथ्यू,

Senior Fellow&Director/वरिष्ठ अध्येता एवं निदेशक,

Institute of Small Enterprises& Development/लघु उद्यम एवं विकास संस्थान
“Sustainable Development through Enterprise”

ISED House, ISED Enclave, ISED Road, Cochin-682028, India.

Tel: 0484 2808171/2809884; email:  <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked]

www. Isedonline.org

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Senior Chevening Fellow(Nottingham); Birla National Fellow; ICSSR Senior 
Fellow; Global Leader in Small Business Promotion (IIE, New York); IDPAD 
Fellow(Tilburg); British Council Fellow(Edinburgh)

Member, Consultative Groups: Reserve Bank of India; Ministry of MSME, NITI 
Aayog; Ministry of Statistics& Programme Implementation