Subject: Request for Drinking Water Abstraction and Catchment Boundary Spatial Data
From: "Monitoring Data" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2026 16:20:02 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Hello,
Under the  <https://eur-lex.europa.eu/eli/dir/2020/2184/oj/eng> recast
Drinking Water Directive, Member States are required to identify and
delineate drinking water abstraction points and the associated catchment
boundaries for these abstraction locations by April 2026.
We are seeking to access the spatial datasets for these abstraction
locations and their associated catchment boundary data. This is because,
under the  <https://eur-lex.europa.eu/eli/reg/2009/1107/oj/eng> Plant
Protection Products directive (1107/2009/EC),  we are required to
undertake a drinking water risk assessment using available
<https://efsa.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.2903/j.efsa.2023.8194>
guidance (European Food Safety Authority, 2023).
This guidance notes that the default parameters can be refined using
spatial analytical approaches. We are looking to calculate the spatial
refinements of the default parameters for drinking water catchments and,
as such, we are looking to gain access to the locations of these
catchments.
Could you please let us know whether these spatial datasets are publicly
available and, if so, where they can be accessed? If they are not publicly
available, we would appreciate any guidance on the process for requesting
access.
Thank you for your time and assistance. We look forward to your response.
Kind regards,
Elena James