Subject: Survey on costs incurred during the process for the recognition of professional qualifications
From: "Study-on-EU-Skills-Portability-Action2" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Elisa Colaiacomo" <[email-masked]>, "Federico Filauri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2026 13:10:37 +0200

Dear Sir/Madam,

EY has been entrusted by the European Commission (DG EMPL) to carry out a
study supporting the Impact Assessment of the Professional Qualifications
Directive (Directive 2005/36/EC). Please find attached the endorsement
letter signed by DG EMPL.

In this context, we are launching a survey addressed to Competent
Authorities responsible for recognition processes for the seven sectoral
professions (doctor, nurse, dentist, midwife, pharmacist, architect, and
veterinary surgeon) under the automatic recognition system. The purpose of
the survey is to collect information on the functioning of recognition
procedures, their associated costs, and the potential benefits of
digitalisation.

For your convenience, the questionnaire is attached in Word format (just
to provide you with a preview) and is structured as follows:

1.	Personal information
2.	Before the recognition process
3.	During the recognition process
4.	Concluding questions

Please note that you may receive a communication about this survey also
from GoC members, who kindly agreed to support us in its dissemination.
You may access the online survey and provide your answers here
<https://globaleysurvey.ey.com/jfe/form/SV_0xpbj8f2C9JOS0u> .  We kindly
ask each authority to submit one consolidated response. The deadline for
completing the survey is Monday, 9 March 2026.

Please also note the following:

*	You can save your draft responses by clicking "Next" and then
closing the page.
*	Once the questionnaire is finalised, please ensure that you submit
it by clicking the "Submit" button.

Thank you in advance for your valuable support.

Kind regards,
The EY Study Team