Subject: Attn.: H.E. Minister Joller– 2025 World Sepsis Day - Estonia
From: "Mariam Jashi" <[email-masked]>
To: "Karmen Joller - SOM" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Info - SOM" <[email-masked]>, "Pressiesindajad - SOM" <[email-masked]>,Karin Väljamäe - SOM <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "Tex Kissoon | Global Sepsis Alliance" <[email-masked]>, "Evangelos Giamarellos" <[email-masked]>, "Simone Mancini" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2025 22:24:41 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

H.E. Dr. Karmen Joller

Minister of Social Affairs

Estonia

Dear Minister Joller, Your Excellency,

On behalf of the  <https://globalsepsisalliance.org/> Global Sepsis Alliance 
(GSA), the  <https://www.europeansepsisalliance.org/> European Sepsis 
Alliance and the Global Sepsis Survivor and Family Committee, we extend our 
sincere appreciation for your dedication to advancing the national and 
global health agenda.

Through this letter, we cordially invite you to further strengthen the 
leadership of Estonia in combatting Sepsis, the global health threat that 
affects up to 50 million children, women and men every year and accounts for 
nearly 20% of all deaths worldwide.

As  <https://www.worldsepsisday.org/> World Sepsis Day 2025 approaches on 
September 13, under the theme “5 Facts × 5 Actions”, we respectfully request 
your Ministry to contribute to this year’s campaign by raising awareness 
among policymakers, media and public.

Please find attached our official letter co-signed by Prof. Niranjan ‘Tex’ 
Kissoon, President of the Global Sepsis Alliance and Prof. Evangelos J. 
Giamarellos-Bourboulis, Chair of the European Sepsis Alliance.

We are also delighted to share the 
<https://static1.squarespace.com/static/58a7025b8419c215b30b2df3/t/68a87768de0c1263e0fd2cf9/1755871080865/2025_WorldSepsisDay_Media_Policy_Brief.pdf> 
2025 World Sepsis Day Policy and Media Brief (Annex A) to support your 
communication and advocacy efforts.

Our alliances and experts stand ready to provide any assistance your 
Ministry may require in scaling up the 
<https://globalsepsisalliance.org/2030-global-agenda-for-sepsis> 2030 Global 
Agenda for Sepsis in Estonia.

For information and coordination purposes, we are hereby copying esteemed 
colleagues at WHO.

Thank you in advance for your commitment.

We look forward to your leadership in positioning Sepsis more prominently in 
the national and global health architecture.

Sincerely,

__________________________________

Hon. Dr. Mariam Jashi
CEO
Global Sepsis Alliance

Fmr. Chair of Parliamentary Committee and Deputy Minister of Health of 
Georgia
Global Board Member - UNITE Parliamentarians Network for Global Health
Secretary General - Medical Women's International Association
Advisory Board Chair - Tbilisi Medical Academy
Council Member - Virchow Foundation for Global Health