Subject: FW: c/o Minister Pakosta: [Invitation]: Ministry of Justice and Digital Affairs & IEEE Govt Engagement Program on Standards (GEPS)
From: "Liisa-Ly Pakosta - JUSTDIGI" <[email-masked]>
To: "Justiits- ja Digiministeerium" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2026 20:29:11 +0300

From: Constance Weise <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, August 6, 2026 8:03 PM
To: Liisa-Ly Pakosta - JUSTDIGI <[email-masked]>
Cc: Karen McCabe <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Subject: c/o Minister Pakosta: [Invitation]: Ministry of Justice and Digital 
Affairs & IEEE Govt Engagement Program on Standards (GEPS)

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Ms. Pakosta:

On behalf of the IEEE Standards Association (IEEE SA 
<https://standards.ieee.org/> ), I cordially invite the Ministry of Justice 
and Digital Affairs of Estonia to appoint a representative to the IEEE 
Government Engagement Program on Standards (GEPS) 
<https://standards.ieee.org/about/intl/government-engagement-program/> , a 
program for government ministries worldwide that allows entry into IEEE SA's 
standards-related activities.

Participating in IEEE GEPS is free of charge, primarily online and involves 
no obligations. GEPS participants receive official Observer Status on the 
IEEE SA Standards Board (SASB) <https://standards.ieee.org/about/sasb/> , 
and are invited to observe meetings of the IEEE SASB and the IEEE Standards 
Association Board of Governors <https://standards.ieee.org/about/bog/> .

Please find an official invitation letter, including program operations 
attached, and a GEPS program overview here 
<https://standards.ieee.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/geps-infographic.pdf> 
.

Please communicate your decision, or any questions about the program, by 20 
August 2026. If you have any questions, we would be pleased to arrange a 
brief call to introduce the program.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

We look forward to your favourable response.

Yours sincerely

Constance Weise

IEEE GEPS Team

IEEE GEPS: https://standards.ieee.org/about/intl/geps/index.html

IEEE GEPS Terms of Reference: 
https://standards.ieee.org/wp-content/uploads/import/documents/other/geps-tor.pdf

IEEE GEPS FAQ: 
https://standards.ieee.org/wp-content/uploads/import/documents/other/geps-faq.pdf

Why IEEE GEPS? See: 
https://beyondstandards.ieee.org/leveraging-global-standards-in-policy-making-interviewing-an-ieee-geps-representative/