Subject: 12/09 - VOTE AGAINST THE REPORT PROMOTING THE “SEX WORK” NARRATIVE
From: "Alexia Fafara" <[email-masked]>
To: "Justiitsministeerium"
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "'Anna Zobnina'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2024 12:15:40 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Ms. PAKOSTA,

We, 13 umbrella organisations representing more than 2,000 feminist,
survivor-led and grassroots NGOs, are contacting you today in your
capacity of Member of the PACE committee on equality and
non-discrimination.

On 12 September, you will vote on the report named “Protecting the human
rights and improving the lives of “sex workers” and victims of sexual
exploitation”: we ask you to vote AGAINST this report as it is completely
ignoring survivors of prostitution who were not consulted nor welcomed to
participate in the process of giving inputs to this report that directly
affect them. Among others, we want to stress that prostitution should
never be trivialised as “sex work” and that the use of this terminology
goes against UN and European agreed language.

You will find attached a letter addressing in detail the harmful
perspective of this report and providing information on our feminist and
survivors-based approach. We are staying at your disposal should you need
any additional information or should you want to meet with us before the
vote.

We count on your support to be on the side of survivors of prostitution.

All the best,

Alexia Fafara on behalf of

*       The Brussels’ Call

*       Bundesverband Nordisches Modell (BVNM)

*       Coalition Against Trafficking in Women (CATW)

*       Coalition for the Abolition of Prostitution (CAP International)

*       Coordination Française pour le Lobby Européen des Femmes (CLEF)

*       Equality Now

*       Euromed Feminist Initiative (EFI)

*       European Network of Migrant Women (ENOMW)

*       European Women’s Lobby (EWL)

*       Federación Estatal de Mujeres Abolicionistas (FEMAB) Rights4Girls
(R4G)

*       Swedish Women’s Lobby (SWL)

*       Survivors of Prostitution Abuse Calling for Enlightenment (SPACE
International)

Alexia FAFARA

Policy and Campaigns Officer//Chargée des politiques et des campagnes

European Women's Lobby // Lobby européen des femmes

18 Rue Hydraulique 1210 Brussels, Belgium

 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

 <https://twitter.com/Alexia_Fafara> Alexia Fafara (@Alexia_Fafara) /
Twitter

 <https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexia-fafara-45b226149/> Alexia Fafara |
LinkedIn

 <http://www.womenlobby.org/> www.womenlobby.org

The European Women’s Lobby (EWL) is the largest umbrella organisation of
women’s associations in the European Union, representing a total of more
than 2000 organisations. Together for a feminist Europe!

 <https://www.facebook.com/EuropeanWomen/>
<https://www.instagram.com/europeanwomenlobby/>
<https://twitter.com/europeanwomen>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/european-women's-lobby/>
<http://www.womenlobby.org/>