Subject: invitation to the event "Protecting social rights in times of war in Ukraine", Vilnius (03 July 2024)
From: "OSTAPA Iryna" <[email-masked]>
To: "SM Info", "Berit Marksoo"
Cc: "Tiina Rootamm", "Eha Lannes", <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2024 11:11:41 +0300

Dear All,

The Council of Europe Office in Ukraine presents its compliments to the
Ministry of Social Affairs of the Republic of Estonia and would like to
inform you of the following.

On 03 July 2024, the Project, in co-operation with the Ministry of Social
Policy of Ukraine and the Ministry of Social Security and Labour of
Lithuania, is organizing the event “Protecting social rights in times of
war in Ukraine” in Vilnius, Lithuania (hereinafter – event). This event
will be held prior to the High-Level Conference on the European Social
Charter, organized by the Council of Europe under the Lithuanian
Chairmanship of the Committee of Ministers on 04 July 2024.

The purpose of the event is to discuss the importance of protecting social
rights in times of war in Ukraine, including the role of the European
Social Charter in aligning Ukrainian legislation with the EU acquis, and
the protection of children's rights as the most vulnerable group in the
broad context of the war in Ukraine.

Given the high-level dialogue launched by Ukrainian authorities with some
EU countries, including Estonia, in the social policy area, we kindly
invite you or a delegated representative from the Ministry of Social
Affairs of Estonia to take part in the event, specifically contributing to
Session 2: “The European Social Charter as a Stepping Stone to Align with
the EU Acquis: The Potential of Social Rights for a Smoother Accession”.
The official letter and draft agenda are attached.

We would appreciate if you could kindly confirm the participation of a
representative of the Ministry of Social Affairs of the Republic of
Estonia by 17 June 2024 to Ms. Iryna Ostapa, Senior Project Officer, at
e-mail:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked] who remains at
your disposal should you require any additional information.

Kind regards,

Iryna Ostapa
Senior Project Officer
"Enhanced social protection in Ukraine"
Department of Social Rights, Council of Europe

Council of Europe Office in Ukraine
 + 380
<https://ddec1-0-en-ctp.trendmicro.com:443/wis/clicktime/v1/query?url=http
s%3a%2f%2furldefense.com%2fv3%2f%5f%5fhttp%3a%2f93.76.27.757%5f%5f%3b%21%2
1E1R1dd1bLLODlQ4%21FD95TmLvdJHXqsbdFk71Rz%5fjF05y113A%2d5lO8JYx9yCVSl2Zvh9
j0jahiZSiqY4ym%5fBSOrbfDoICKBqIst66b%5fSg%24&umid=9733728c-1394-47a2-91f1-
b89d18a552aa&auth=84247b409afe2128671efe0c5790aaffcd4c1d5f-416dda1391e2dbd
4b9f9317a8b19bf0d48ac7f01> 93.76.27.757 (whatsapp, telegram)

<https://ddec1-0-en-ctp.trendmicro.com:443/wis/clicktime/v1/query?url=http
s%3a%2f%2fwww.coe.int%2fen%2fweb%2fkyiv%2fenhanced%2dsocial%2dprotection%2
din%2dukraine&umid=9733728c-1394-47a2-91f1-b89d18a552aa&auth=84247b409afe2
128671efe0c5790aaffcd4c1d5f-fb9511d441cc02fc268e2eb4010669d521fd3da7>
https://www.coe.int/en/web/kyiv/enhanced-social-protection-in-ukraine
 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]