Subject: FOR ACTION: Call for nominations for STI Network Coordination Committee - 2024 elections launched!
From: "STIHIVHEP" <[email-masked]>
To: "Sonja Pleininger" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "El-Khatib Ziad" <[email-masked]>, "Amaryl.Lecompte" <[email-masked]>, "Irith De Baetselier" <[email-masked]>, "dominique.vanbeckhoven" <[email-masked]>, "Dorien Van den Bossche" <[email-masked]>, "mtyufekchieva" <[email-masked]>, "ivva.philipova" <[email-masked]>, "akouzmanov" <[email-masked]>, "yankayankova" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "blazenka.hunjak" <[email-masked]>, <
Cc: "Otilia Mardh" <[email-masked]>, "Lina Nerlander" <[email-masked]>, "STIHIVHEP" <[email-masked]>, "NC_CCB_Austria" <[email-masked]>, "sigrid.kiermayr" <[email-masked]>, "koen.blot" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "Zhivka Getsova" <[email-masked]>, "Iva Christova" <[email-masked]>, "kcapak" <[email-masked]>, "bernard.kaic" <[email-masked]>, "Elisavet Constantinou" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,Hana Orlíková <[email-masked]>,Kamilla Grønborg Laut <[email-masked]>, "St
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 10:59:05 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

To: Operational Contact Points for STI Epidemiology, Operational Contact 
Points for STI Microbiology and National Focal Points for HIV, STI and 
hepatitis

Cc/FYI: National Coordinator (Coordinating Competent Body)

Dear colleagues,

The mandate of the current STI Network Coordination Committee is coming to 
an end on 10 May 2024.

We would like to thank the former STI Network Coordination Committee members 
for their valuable contribution over the past three years: Steen Hoffmann 
(Denmark, Chair), Klaus Jansen (Germany, vice-Chair), Alje van Dam 
(Netherlands), Irith De Baetselier (Belgium), Javier Gómez Castellá (Spain), 
Maria José Borrego (Portugal), Tatjana Nemeth Blažić (Croatia), Maartje 
Visser (Netherlands). Their contribution and advice was pivotal for 
organising the STI Network meeting in December 2022 (virtual, the first 
after a gap of six years) and the STI Network meeting in June 2023 
(face-to-face in Stockholm, first after the COVID-19 gap). The STI DNCC was 
consulted on topics related to STI surveillance, scientific advice, 
EpiPulse, doxy-PEP, IVDR, AMR - just to name a few.

With this, we are launching a call for nominations for a new STI Network 
Coordination Committee. This committee will be appointed for a period of 
three years, starting with June 2024. The maximum number of members on the 
Coordination Committee is 10. Ideally, microbiology and epidemiology 
functions should be equally represented. At least one of the microbiologists 
and one of the epidemiologists should also represent the Euro-GASP network. 
Two positions are open for NFPs for HIV, STI and hepatitis. To ensure 
balanced geographical representation, a country can have only one 
representative on the STI Network Coordination Committee.

Planned configuration of the STI Network Coordination Committee

STI OCP Epidemiology

1

2

3

4

STI OCP Microbiology

5

6

7

8

NFP HIV, STI and hepatitis

9

10

Note: Only persons nominated by the National Competent Body as either STI 
OCP Epidemiology, STI OCP Microbiology, or NFP for HIV, STI and hepatitis 
are eligible as STI Network Coordination Committee members and can be 
nominated.

We invite you to submit one nomination for any of the three types of 
positions on the new STI Network Coordination Committee. You can nominate 
yourself or nominate a colleague. Former members of the STI Network 
Coordination Committees can also be nominated and/or can nominate 
themselves. Please indicate the name, the country and the function in the 
STI network (e.g. OCP Epidemiology/OCP Microbiology/NFP HIV, STI and 
hepatitis).

Name

Country

Function in the STI network

The next step in the election process will depend on the number of 
nominations received. Should there be more than 10 nominees, then ECDC will 
organize an online voting where 4 STI OCP epidemiology, 4 STI OCP 
Microbiology, and 2 NFPs HIV, STI and hepatitis will be elected based on the 
number of votes received. If there are two or more nominees from the same 
country, the person with the most votes will be selected. More details on 
the election process can be found in the document attached, Annexe 8, page 
39.

The role and tasks of the Disease Networks Coordination Committees are also 
detailed in the attached document, Annexe 8, pages 37-38. Essentially, the 
STI Network Coordination Committee will work closely with ECDC in between 
STI Network meetings and advise ECDC with respect to surveillance, 
prevention, control, and other technical, epidemiological, or scientific 
areas. One or two meetings of the STI Network Coordination Committee are 
typically organised each year, usually virtual, with an agenda announced in 
advance.

Please reply to this call by sending an email To [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]>  and in Cc to [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]>  and 
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]  by 10 
May 2024.

We are available for any clarifications.

With best wishes,

Otilia Mardh and Lina Nerlander on behalf of Disease Programme STI, 
Blood-Borne Viruses and TB

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby kindly 
requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content to any 
third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous transmittal.