Subject: FW: SR 014389 - Losing of GPS 1 and 2 signal on descent into EETU
From: Eve Härm <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Viktor Popov" <[email-masked]>,Üllar Salumäe <[email-masked]>, "Margit Markus Moossen" <[email-masked]>, "'Safety'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 15:48:38 +0200

Tere

Annan teada, et välja on antud järgmine NOTAM:

A0306/24

(A0306/24 NOTAMN Q)EETT/QGWXX/IV/NBO/E/000/999/5844N02438E999 A)EETT 
B)2402201400 C)2405201400EST E)PRECAUTION-GNSS SIGNAL INTERFERENCE CAN BE 
EXPECTED IN TALLINN FIR. AIR CREW ARE ASKED TO INFORM AN ATC OF ANY GNSS 
INTERFERENCE DETECTED.)

Tervitades

Eve Härm

Lennuliiklusteeninduse ja lennuväljade osakonna juhataja

+372 58 130 721

www.transpordiamet.ee | Lõõtsa 5, Tallinn 11415

Transpordiamet

From: Aimi Käsik <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >
Sent: Monday, February 5, 2024 1:35 PM
To: Viktor Popov <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >
Cc: Safety <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >
Subject: FW: SR 014389 - Losing of GPS 1 and 2 signal on descent into EETU

Tere,

Edastame Teile alloleva kirjavahetuse. Lisaks toome välja juhtumi kuupäevast 
24.jaanuar, kus piloot teavitas, et õhusõiduki sidevahendid olid Tartusse 
lennates häiritud. Täpsemat piirkonda piloot ei määratlenud, kuid kirjeldas 
toimuvat kui „CBS interference“. Õhusõiduk kaotas mõneks ajaks ka GPS 
võimekuse. Uurimine selgitas välja, et EANSi poolt töötasid kõik 
sidevahendid tõrgeteta.

Viimasel kuul on segamiste arvukus suurenenud ja lähtuvalt TTJA raportist on 
haaratud pea kogu Tallinn FIR ja segamisi võib esineda kõikidel 
lennutasanditel. Eelpool mainitud uurimises (hetkel veel 
kommenteerimisringil) on uurija poolne soovitus TRAMile: Kaaluda, tuginedes 
TTAJ andmetele, vastavasisulise (segamised) NOTAM väljastamist Tallinn FIRi 
kohta.

Ka NETJET esindaja sooviks teada, kas segamiste kohta on plaanis välja anda 
NOTAM.

Milline on TRAMi seisukoht?

Heade soovidega

Aimi Käsik

Uurija

E [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

Lennuliiklusteeninduse AS
Kanali põik 3, Rae küla,
Rae vald, 10112 Harjumaa

 <http://www.eans.ee/>

 <https://www.facebook.com/Lennuliiklusteenindus/>

 <https://twitter.com/AirTrafficEST>

 <https://www.linkedin.com/company/estonian-air-navigation-services/>

From: Lis-SafetyAnalysis <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >
Sent: Friday, February 2, 2024 8:39 PM
To: Mathias Tammaru <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >
Cc: Safety <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Lis-SafetyAnalysis 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >
Subject: RE: SR 014389 - Losing of GPS 1 and 2 signal on descent into EETU

Good evening Mathias,

Appreciate the prompt reply and the info, will be included to our report.

For your information, the neighbour FIRs/UIRs have either published a NOTAM 
and/or are included in the attached SIB published by EASA. If there is an 
increasing trend in the GNSS interference, could this be considered for 
Estonia as well?

Thanks for the help!

Best regards,

Jerome Parviainen
Flight Safety Analyst

E.  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]
T. +351 21 446 8400 Ext: 2107
 <http://www.netjets.com> netjets.com

 <http://www.netjets.com/>

From: Mathias Tammaru < <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, February 2, 2024 11:00 AM
To: Lis-SafetyAnalysis < <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked]>
Cc: Safety < <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] RE: SR 014389 - Losing of GPS 1 and 2 signal on descent 
into EETU

Good day Jerome, Thank you for the occurrence report. We have reviewed it 
and we can only add that the GPS signal intereference has been a problem for 
while now. The GPS signal has been interferred in Gulf of Riga and lately 
more powerfully

Good day Jerome,

Thank you for the occurrence report. We have reviewed it and we can only add 
that the GPS signal intereference has been a problem for while now. The GPS 
signal has been interferred in Gulf of Riga and lately more powerfully in 
Gulf of Finland (area in the middle of Helsinki and Tallinn). Last week the 
interference has affected practically most of the IFR/VFR traffic in 
Estonia. The intensity has been intermittent or variable. As we understand, 
the source of the interference is behind the east border of Estonia.

Krete-Riin is not working in EANS anymore, but using 
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked] as a contact information works well 
also in future.

Best regards,

Mathias Tammaru

Safety Specialist

T +372 6 258 339

E <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

E  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

Lennuliiklusteeninduse AS
Kanali põik 3, Rae küla,
Rae vald, 10112 Harjumaa

 <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.eans.ee/__;!!J-sNHchfRpA!w09VxkMRSXSvz5sAN3AG4SVaZoarUeIXAAIOkAUtd-11z4easa1-vXmDVL14CaZDYK1rc7ccyoN8vd9Tvj4tL9aJlLThtlPvqsA$>

 <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.facebook.com/Lennuliiklusteenindus/__;!!J-sNHchfRpA!w09VxkMRSXSvz5sAN3AG4SVaZoarUeIXAAIOkAUtd-11z4easa1-vXmDVL14CaZDYK1rc7ccyoN8vd9Tvj4tL9aJlLThCkUECqE$>

 <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/twitter.com/AirTrafficEST__;!!J-sNHchfRpA!w09VxkMRSXSvz5sAN3AG4SVaZoarUeIXAAIOkAUtd-11z4easa1-vXmDVL14CaZDYK1rc7ccyoN8vd9Tvj4tL9aJlLThDyPpKp0$>

 <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.linkedin.com/company/estonian-air-navigation-services/__;!!J-sNHchfRpA!w09VxkMRSXSvz5sAN3AG4SVaZoarUeIXAAIOkAUtd-11z4easa1-vXmDVL14CaZDYK1rc7ccyoN8vd9Tvj4tL9aJlLTh-3IFIF4$>

*** FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY ***

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged 
information. If you are not the intended recipient,

please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail 
and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use

of this information by a person other than the intended recipient is 
unauthorized and may be illegal.

From: Lis-SafetyAnalysis < <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2024 4:09 PM
To: Safety < <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]>; 
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]
Cc: Lis-SafetyAnalysis < <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked]>
Subject: SR 014389 - Losing of GPS 1 and 2 signal on descent into EETU

Good afternoon,

I’m contacting you about the attached Safety repot regarding a loss of GPS 
signal that occurred on during descent into EETU/TAY on the 30th of January 
2024.
Could you kindly review the report and give your input?
Did any other traffic experience issues yesterday? Has there been similar 
reports regarding loss of GPS signal over EETT FIR/UIR in general? Is there 
anything else you might find relevant to our investigation.

Thanks in advance for your collaboration.

Best regards,

Jerome Parviainen
Flight Safety Analyst

E.  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]
T. +351 21 446 8400 Ext: 2107
 <http://www.netjets.com> netjets.com

 <http://www.netjets.com/>

NetJets Europe
NetJets Transportes Aéreos, S.A.,

 <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/linkedin.com/company/netjets-europe__;!!J-sNHchfRpA!w09VxkMRSXSvz5sAN3AG4SVaZoarUeIXAAIOkAUtd-11z4easa1-vXmDVL14CaZDYK1rc7ccyoN8vd9Tvj4tL9aJlLThKtE-FbY$> 
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/twitter.com/netjets__;!!J-sNHchfRpA!w09VxkMRSXSvz5sAN3AG4SVaZoarUeIXAAIOkAUtd-11z4easa1-vXmDVL14CaZDYK1rc7ccyoN8vd9Tvj4tL9aJlLTh2G8Wm0c$> 
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/instagram.com/netjets__;!!J-sNHchfRpA!w09VxkMRSXSvz5sAN3AG4SVaZoarUeIXAAIOkAUtd-11z4easa1-vXmDVL14CaZDYK1rc7ccyoN8vd9Tvj4tL9aJlLThZWUR-hQ$>

**** **** **** ****
This message contains information which may be confidential and privileged. 
Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), 
you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information 
contained in the message. If you have received the message in error, please 
advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message.

**** **** **** ****
This message contains information which may be confidential and privileged. 
Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), 
you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information 
contained in the message. If you have received the message in error, please 
advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message.