Subject: Open letter endorsed by 100+ signatories: “Yes to an EU Legislation on Sustainable Resource Management”
From: "EEB Secretary General" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Patrick Ten Brink" <[email-masked]>, "Patrizia Heidegger" <[email-masked]>, "Diego Francesco Marin" <[email-masked]>, "Arianna Labasin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 17:32:24 +0300

To:        Ursula von der Leyen, President of the European Commission

Maroš Šefčovič, European Commissioner for Interinstitutional Relations and
Foresight

Virginijus Sinkevičius, European Commissioner for the Environment, Oceans
and Fisheries

Thierry Breton, European Commissioner for Internal Market

Wopke Hoekstra, Commissioner for Climate

Willem van de Voorde, Belgian Ambassador and Permanent Representative to
the EU

Charles Michel, President of the European Council

Member State Ministers for
<https://airtable.com/appnxD8c1lITI1OPp/shrk7RfQjYKt0ew6e> environment,
climate, energy and industry

Your Excellency,

On behalf of Patrick ten Brink please find attached an open letter titled
"Yes to an EU Legislation on Sustainable Resource Management," endorsed by
more than 100 organisations spanning civil society, industry, trade
unions, as well as experts from academia.

This initiative highlights the critical need for demand-side solutions to
address our triple planetary crisis, protect workers rights and achieve
strategic autonomy. It is a call to action to uphold our shared
responsibility towards environmental stewardship, economic resilience, and
societal wellbeing.

Given the urgency of this matter, we kindly request a response regarding
your stance on this initiative. Your feedback will greatly assist us in
our ongoing efforts to advance sustainable resource management practices
within the EU.

Thank you for your consideration. We remain at your disposal to discuss
this matter further.

Yours sincerely,

Alina Lukianova
Secretary

European Environmental Bureau
Rue des Deux Eglises 14-16, B-1000 Brussels

Tel: +32 2 289 10 90

Email: [email-masked]

 <http://www.eeb.org/> www.eeb.org|  <https://twitter.com/Green_Europe>
twitter |  <https://www.facebook.com/EuropeanEnvironmentalBureau> facebook
|  <https://www.linkedin.com/company/european-environmental-bureau>
linkedin

The European Environmental Bureau (EEB) is Europe's largest network of
environmental citizens’ organisations, standing for environmental justice,
sustainable development and participatory democracy.

EC register for interest representatives: Identification number
06798511314-27

International non-profit association - Association internationale sans but
lucratif (AISBL)

BCE identification number: 0415.814.848

RPM Tribunal de l’entreprise francophone de Bruxelles

Our privacy policy can be found  <https://eeb.org/privacy-policy/> on our
website