Subject: Re: Vastus pöördumisele
From: "Wojciech Bednarski" <[email-masked]>
To: "Justiits- ja Digiministeerium" <[email-masked]>, "Klen Teder - JUSTDIGI" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Platform of European Memory and Conscience" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2026 16:41:50 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Mr Teder,
Following the recent update on the Memorial project, I wanted to return to 
the topic of potential support and ask how we might further advance our 
discussions on financing the Memorial.

Some time ago, I sent you a draft template of a possible donation agreement 
that could serve as a basis for supporting the project. If this remains a 
potentially viable route, I would be very grateful for your thoughts and 
feedback. Naturally, we would be happy to further refine the document and 
adapt it to any formal, legal, or administrative requirements on your side.
If you have any suggestions how we should proceed please let me know.

We believe the project has now reached an important stage, having received 
both technical and political validation in Brussels, and we are working hard 
to secure the resources needed to enter the permit application phase.

If it would be easier to discuss any aspect of this directly, I am also 
happy to make myself available by phone. My number is:  +48 889 761 737

Best,
Wojtek

Sincerely,
Wojciech Bednarski
Managing Director

Platform of European Memory and Conscience
Londýnska 43
120 00 Praha 2
Czech Republic
tel.: +48 889 761 737

www.memoryandconscience.eu <http://www.memoryandconscience.eu/>

On Wed, 6 May 2026 at 08:00, Wojciech Bednarski <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> > wrote:

Dear Mr Teder,
Thank you very much for your very positive letter. We were, of course, 
extremely pleased to receive this message and sincerely appreciate the 
Estonian Government's openness to the Pan-European Memorial project.

Please accept my apologies for the delayed response. We are currently 
preparing for a key milestone in the Memorial project: the Project Reunion 
Meeting, a formal technical meeting with Brussels agencies organised by 
Urban.Brussels, which oversees permitting. While this is not yet the permit 
application process, it is an important step toward it and provides a 
significant technical and political validation for the project.

We would like to move forward and identify a practical way to implement this 
support for the next stage: preparing technical documentation and the formal 
permit application. This will bring us closer to realising this important 
vision.
From our perspective, several possible options could be considered. The most 
straightforward solution would be to transfer the funds to a dedicated PEMC 
sub-account for the Memorial project, under an agreement, memorandum, or 
grant arrangement. A similar model, based on a memorandum, proved attractive 
in the context of Lithuanian support, and I am sending a draft memorandum 
for your reference 
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pT7bz3Qj42y5jBOZTvktdOKwTOut-qnwsMOY80qrr0I/edit?usp=sharing> 
HERE.
Another option would be to transfer the funds to one of our partner 
organisations, such as Eesti Mälu, for disbursement towards the project and 
to support PEMC’s implementation work.

I am confident that we will be able to find a solution that meets all 
formal, accounting and project requirements. I will have limited access to 
my computer and internet in the coming days, but I should be more available 
next week and ready to answer any questions promptly.
I am also enclosing the message from President Mutor, who is deeply invested 
in this project, both personally and institutionally, at every level, to 
answer all questions.

Best,
Wojtek

Sincerely,
Wojciech Bednarski
Managing Director

Platform of European Memory and Conscience
Londýnska 43
120 00 Praha 2
Czech Republic
tel.: +48 889 761 737

www.memoryandconscience.eu <http://www.memoryandconscience.eu/>

On Sun, 26 Apr 2026 at 10:58, <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> > wrote:

Tere!

Teile on saadetud Justiits- ja Digiministeeriumi dokumendihaldussüsteemi 
Delta kaudu dokument.

Pealkiri: Re: Pan-European Memorial for the Victims of Totalitarianism in 
Brussels

Registreerimise kuupäev: 24.04.2026

Registreerimise number: 7-2/1871.

Lugupidamisega

Justiits- ja Digiministeerium

Suur-Ameerika 1, 10122 Tallinn
Tel. (372) 620 8100
e-post: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
 <http:///dhs/faces/jsp/dialog/www.justdigi.ee> www.justdigi.ee