Subject: Reminder – Survey on DG CNECT Review of the DSM Directive (deadline extended to 14 June)
From: "Review of Copyright in DSM" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2026 11:53:00 +0300

Dear Sir or Madam,

We would like to kindly remind you to take part in the European Commission’s 
evaluation of the Copyright in the Digital Single Market (DSM) Directive 
(Directive (EU) 2019/790).
Due to strong interest and to allow additional stakeholders to contribute, 
the deadline for the EU‑wide stakeholder survey has been extended to Sunday 
14 June 2026.
If you have not yet had the opportunity to participate, we would greatly 
appreciate receiving your input.

Access the survey here: 
<https://horizons.confirmit.eu/wix/p181452076573.aspx> 
https://horizons.confirmit.eu/wix/p181452076573.aspx

Please find below the original invitation:

We invite you to share your experience and views as part of the European 
Commission’s evaluation of the Copyright in the Digital Single Market (DSM) 
Directive (Directive (EU) 2019/790).
The European Commission’s Directorate‑General for Communications Networks, 
Content and Technology (DG CNECT) is currently assessing the impact of the 
DSM Directive, which entered into force on 7 June 2019. The Directive is a 
central pillar of the EU’s efforts to adapt copyright rules to the digital 
and cross‑border environment. With transposition now complete in all Member 
States, the Commission is gathering early evidence on how the rules are 
working in practice.

To support this evaluation, an independent study is being carried out by a 
consortium coordinated by Verian, in partnership with CSES and SPARK. As 
part of this study, we are launching an EU‑wide stakeholder survey to 
collect first‑hand insights on the Directive’s application and impacts 
across the sectors it covers. The survey will collect contributions until 
the Sunday 14 June.

We would be grateful if you could participate in this survey as well as 
share this invitation or survey link within your networks.

▶ Access the survey here: 
<https://horizons.confirmit.eu/wix/p181452076573.aspx> 
https://horizons.confirmit.eu/wix/p181452076573.aspx

The survey invites stakeholders to share their experience and views on:

*	Exceptions for text and data mining (TDM), digital and cross‑border 
teaching, and preservation by cultural heritage institutions;
*	Licensing mechanisms, including out‑of‑commerce works and extended 
collective licensing;
*	Press publishers’ rights and platform obligations;
*	Contractual fairness and remuneration for authors and performers; and
*	The overall assessment of the Directive’s effectiveness, efficiency, 
relevance, coherence and EU added value.

The survey is open to a wide range of stakeholders, including:

*	Research organisations and commercial actors engaging in TDM;
*	Education institutions and cultural heritage institutions (CHIs);
*	Rightholders and collective management organisations (CMOs);
*	Authors, performers and their contractual counterparties;
*	Press publishers;
*	Information society service providers (ISSPs) and online content‑sharing 
service providers (OCSSPs);
*	Users of online content‑sharing services;
*	Mediators or independent bodies involved in video‑on‑demand negotiations; 
and
*	Dispute‑resolution bodies.

Why participate?

Your contribution will help ensure that the European Commission’s evaluation 
is evidence‑based, reflects real‑world practices across the EU, and captures 
both achievements and challenges in the implementation of the DSM Directive. 
The results will directly inform the Commission’s review and support the 
development of a balanced, future‑proof copyright framework in Europe.

Practical information

*	Length: approximately 20–25 minutes, depending on the sections relevant to 
your experience
*	Languages: available in all EU languages
*	Format: combination of multiple‑choice and open (text and numeric) 
questions; you may also share supporting information at the end
*	Confidentiality: responses will be analysed in aggregated form only
*	Navigation: Each time that you will click on this link you will be taken 
back to the beginning of the survey. If you would like to prepare your 
responses before going through the survey, you have the possibility to 
download the questionnaire at the beginning of the survey (corresponding to 
your stakeholder category).

▶ Access the survey here: 
<https://horizons.confirmit.eu/wix/p181452076573.aspx> 
https://horizons.confirmit.eu/wix/p181452076573.aspx

If you have any questions, please contact us at 
[email-masked].

Kind regards,
The DSM Directive Evaluation Team
Verian | CSES | SPARK
On behalf of the European Commission (DG CNECT)

Khadija Fahim

Research Executive

T

+32 2 765 03 47

Rue des Arts 58

1000 Brussels

Belgium

 <http://www.veriangroup.com/> veriangroup.com

References to "Verian" and to the "Verian Group" are to Project Pearl Holdco 
Limited (registered in England and Wales with number 14041889) and its 
subsidiary undertakings (as that expression is defined in the Companies Act 
2006) from time to time. The registered office of Project Pearl Holdco 
Limited is 4 Millbank, London, SW1P 3JA, England.

This email is for the information of the addressee only and should not be 
reproduced and/or distributed to any other person.  It is confidential and 
may contain copyright material of members of the Verian Group of companies. 
Opinions and views expressed in this message may not necessarily reflect the 
opinions and views of the Verian Group.  If you are not the intended 
recipient, please notify us immediately and delete all copies of this 
message.  It is your responsibility to scan this message for viruses.