Subject: Re: Vastus pöördumisele
From: "Wojciech Bednarski" <[email-masked]>
To: "Justiits- ja Digiministeerium" <[email-masked]>, "Klen Teder - JUSTDIGI" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Platform of European Memory and Conscience" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2026 09:00:00 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.	Dear Mr
Teder,
Thank you very much for your very positive letter. We were, of course,
extremely pleased to receive this message and sincerely appreciate the
Estonian Government's openness to the Pan-European Memorial project.

Please accept my apologies for the delayed response. We are currently
preparing for a key milestone in the Memorial project: the Project Reunion
Meeting, a formal technical meeting with Brussels agencies organised by
Urban.Brussels, which oversees permitting. While this is not yet the
permit application process, it is an important step toward it and provides
a significant technical and political validation for the project.

We would like to move forward and identify a practical way to implement
this support for the next stage: preparing technical documentation and the
formal permit application. This will bring us closer to realising this
important vision.
From our perspective, several possible options could be considered. The
most straightforward solution would be to transfer the funds to a
dedicated PEMC sub-account for the Memorial project, under an agreement,
memorandum, or grant arrangement. A similar model, based on a memorandum,
proved attractive in the context of Lithuanian support, and I am sending a
draft memorandum for your reference HERE.
Another option would be to transfer the funds to one of our partner
organisations, such as Eesti Mälu, for disbursement towards the project
and to support PEMC’s implementation work.

I am confident that we will be able to find a solution that meets all
formal, accounting and project requirements. I will have limited access to
my computer and internet in the coming days, but I should be more
available next week and ready to answer any questions promptly.
I am also enclosing the message from President Mutor, who is deeply
invested in this project, both personally and institutionally, at every
level, to answer all questions.

Best,
Wojtek 

Sincerely,
Wojciech Bednarski
Managing Director

Platform of European Memory and Conscience
Londýnska 43
120 00 Praha 2
Czech Republic
tel.: +48 889 761 737

www.memoryandconscience.eu

On Sun, 26 Apr 2026 at 10:58, <[email-masked]> wrote:

Tere! 

Teile on saadetud Justiits- ja Digiministeeriumi dokumendihaldussüsteemi
Delta kaudu dokument. 

Pealkiri: Re: Pan-European Memorial for the Victims of Totalitarianism in
Brussels 

Registreerimise kuupäev: 24.04.2026 

Registreerimise number: 7-2/1871. 

Lugupidamisega 

Justiits- ja Digiministeerium	
Suur-Ameerika 1, 10122 Tallinn
Tel. (372) 620 8100
e-post: [email-masked] 
www.justdigi.ee