Subject: RE: RE: Public information request - EED Art. 12 / Data centres
From: "Nico Schmidt" <[email-masked]>
To: "info - MKM" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2026 16:03:18 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like to remind you that today is the deadline for responding to my 
inquiry. So far, I have not received a response or any documents from you.

I would appreciate it if you could send them to me by the end of the day.

Best regards
Nico Schmidt

--
Nico Schmidt
Investigative Journalist
Pulitzer Center AI Accountability Fellow

T +49 170 4844 383
M [email-masked]
https://nicoschmidt.io

info - MKM <[email-masked]> schrieb am Montag, 23. März 2026 um 15:21:

The deadline for responding is 01.04.2026.

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Thank you. When can I expect a response to my questions?

--

Nico Schmidt
Investigative Journalist
Pulitzer Center AI Accountability Fellow

T +49 170 4844 383
M [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
https://nicoschmidt.io

-------- Original Message --------
On Monday, 03/23/26 at 15:15 info - MKM <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> > 
wrote:

Your application has been received and registered on 17.03.2026 No. 
3-4/1002-1.

Best wishes,

Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications

From: Nico Schmidt <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2026 4:07 PM
To: info - MKM <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >
Subject: Re: Public information request - EED Art. 12 / Data centres

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Sir or Madam,

On 16 March 2026, I sent the below public information request concerning the 
implementation of Article 12 of the Energy Efficiency Directive (EU) 
2023/1791 and Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2024/1364.

As I have not yet received an acknowledgement or substantive response, I 
would kindly like to ask whether my request has been received and is being 
processed.

I would be grateful if you could confirm receipt and, if available, share 
any reference number assigned to the request.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Kind regards,

Nico Schmidt

--

Nico Schmidt
Investigative Journalist
Pulitzer Center AI Accountability Fellow

T +49 170 4844 383
M [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
https://nicoschmidt.io

Nico Schmidt <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> > schrieb am 
Montag, 16. März 2026 um 21:21:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Pursuant to the Public Information Act (Avaliku teabe seadus), I hereby 
request access to the following information held by the Ministry of Economic 
Affairs and Communications:

1.	All correspondence — including emails, letters, memoranda, minutes of 
meetings, and any other written communications — between the Ministry and 
the European Commission (or any of its services, including DG Energy) 
concerning the implementation of Article 12 of the Energy Efficiency 
Directive (EU) 2023/1791 and Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2024/1364, 
in particular regarding the reporting obligations for data centres, the 
confidentiality of reported data, and the public disclosure of data centre 
energy performance information. Time period: 1 January 2023 to present.
2.	All data centre energy performance reports submitted to or through the 
Ministry to the European database pursuant to Article 12 EED, or any 
summaries, compilations, or analyses of such reports held by the Ministry.
3.	Any internal guidance, policy documents, or legal assessments produced by 
or for the Ministry regarding the interpretation of the trade secrets and 
confidentiality exemptions under Article 12(1) EED and Article 5 of the 
Delegated Regulation, as applied to data centre reporting in Estonia.

I request that the documents be provided in electronic form (PDF or original 
format) by email.

Should any documents contain information subject to access restrictions 
under §35 of the Public Information Act (e.g. business secrets), I request 
that a document-by-document assessment be carried out and that 
non-restricted portions be released with any restricted passages redacted.

I am an investigative journalist at Investigate Europe, a pan-European 
journalism consortium. This request relates to ongoing reporting on data 
centre energy transparency under the EED, for publication in European media.

Kind regards,
Nico Schmidt

--

Nico Schmidt
Investigative Journalist
Pulitzer Center AI Accountability Fellow

T +49 170 4844 383
M [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
https://nicoschmidt.io

From: Nico Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2026 4:20 PM
To: info - MKM <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: RE: Public information request - EED Art. 12 / Data centres