Subject: Request - tariff for the use of music works in case of cable retransmission
From: "Daniel Ogrizek" <[email-masked]>
To: "Justiits- ja Digiministeerium" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "'Peter Grad'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2026 14:08:03 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Madam or Sir,

I am writing you on behalf of the Slovenian Association of cable operators 
(ZKOS). ZKOS initiated a procedure before the Slovenian Copyright Board in 
order to determine a tariff for the use of copyright in music works in case 
of cable retransmission of television and radio channels (right of 
retransmission). According to Slovene legislation, one of the relevant 
criteria to determine an appropriate tariff is its comparability with 
tariffs of collecting societies of the same category and for the same rights 
and same copyright works in other EU Member States.

For this reason, I am kindly asking you for your answers to the following 
questions:

1.	What is the tariff (royalty amount) in case of cable retransmission of 
music works in your country?
If the tariff is combined for several copyright works, please provide also 
information on what is the share/amount for the music works solely.

2.	Does the tariff for cable retransmission of music works also include 
music which is included in audiovisual works and was created especially for 
the use in the audiovisual works, or is this category of music perhaps 
managed by any other collecting organization in your country?

3.	Does the tariff for cable retransmission of music works also include use 
of music works in other types of services by the service provider, such as 
time-shift services, catch-up TV (CuTV), video-on-demand (VOD) and network 
personal video recording (NPVR)?

If besides the linear (cable) retransmission of music works the tariff 
includes any other types of services (e.g. non-linear services such as CuTV, 
VOD, NPVR) please explain which services are included and what is the 
share/amount in the tariff for those services solely, if applicable.

4.	In case use of music works in any of the services mentioned in point nr. 
3 is not included in the tariff for cable retransmission of music works, but 
is determined separately, what is the tariff (royalty amount) in your 
country, if applicable, in case of:

a.	Use of music works within time-shift services;
b.	Use of music works in catch-up TV (CuTV) services;
c.	Use of music works in video-on-demand (VOD) services;
d.	Use of music works in network personal video recording (NPVR) services;
e.	Use of music works in case of downloading audiovisual works?

If the tariff is combined for several copyright works, please provide 
information on what is the share/amount for the music works solely.

5.	In case the information on the tariffs mentioned above are stated in a 
legal document and published publicly, please provide us with a hyperlink to 
the official published version of such document.

In case you need any additional explanations, please do not hesitate to 
contact me on this e-mail or phone number stated below.

I am looking forward to your reply.

With kind regards,

Daniel Ogrizek

Odvetnik – Attorney at Law

Odvetniška družba Pantelič, Grad in partnerji o.p., d.o.o.

Law Firm Pantelič, Grad & Partners, Ltd.

Slovenska cesta 54

1000 Ljubljana, Slovenija

Tel: +386 1 430 48 48

Fax: +386 1 430 48 49

 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

 <http://www.pantelic.si/> www.pantelic.si