Subject: UNIDROIT - Informal EU coordination meeting - Tuesday 20 February, 11:00
From: "PR of Belgium to the FAO in Rome" <[email-masked]>
To: "PR of Belgium to the FAO in Rome" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 13:23:02 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear colleagues,

As you know, the 82nd session of the UNIDROIT General Assembly, which took
place on 14 December last year, could not be formally concluded due to
differences that arose over the reappointment of members of the
organization’s Finance Committee (item no. 8). The UNIDROIT secretariat
informed us the General Assembly should resume, and hopefully be
concluded, on 11 March.

In its capacity as rotating Presidency of the Council of the European
Union and in order to reach a common position among the 27 EU Member
States - all of which are also members of UNIDROIT - the Embassy of
Belgium in Rome organizes an informal virtual meeting on the subject on
Tuesday 20 February at 11:00. The Secretary General of UNIDROIT, Professor
Ignacio Tirado, will give us an update on the situation, the proceedings
of the General Assembly in March and a summary of the discussions he has
had with other UNIDROIT member countries since the end of December. The
meeting will then continue in EU-only format in order to found common
ground which would allow us to move towards a united European position
when the General Assembly resumes.

Please find below a Teams link to the meeting.

__________________________________________________________________________
______

Microsoft Teams meeting

Join on your computer, mobile app or room device

<https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_NzViYzc4NDUtMzZlMC
00M2UzLThlODktNjBmNGNlMGQzYzJk%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22801
53b30-e434-429b-b41c-0d47f9deec42%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22eabb487b-8882-4158-b
201-f4fe864f4c65%22%7d> Click here to join the meeting

Meeting ID: 321 949 413 808
Passcode: 6PPpnf

 <https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-teams/download-app> Download
Teams |  <https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-teams/join-a-meeting> Join
on the web

<https://diplomatie.belgium.be/sites/default/files/logobelgianfpsforeignaf
fairs-evenyears-englishright-original-174x80.png>

 <https://aka.ms/JoinTeamsMeeting> Learn More |
<https://teams.microsoft.com/meetingOptions/?organizerId=eabb487b-8882-415
8-b201-f4fe864f4c65&tenantId=80153b30-e434-429b-b41c-0d47f9deec42&threadId
=[email-masked]&mes
sageId=0&language=nl-NL> Meeting options

__________________________________________________________________________
______

Best regards,

Permanent representation of Belgium to the Rome-based UN Agencies
(FAO-WFP-IFAD)

Belgian Embassy, Via Giuseppe de Notaris 6, 00197 Rome
Tel. +39 06 360 95135 • [email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]>
 <https://www.belgium24.eu/> www.belgium24.eu •
<https://twitter.com/BelgiumEU>   <https://www.facebook.com/BelgiuminEU>
<https://www.instagram.com/belgiumineu/>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/belgiumeu>
<https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VaFqS8T4yltFsR0mvU2m>
<https://www.youtube.com/@EU2024BE>
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/belgiumeu/>