Subject: FAO H.E. Ms. Liisa Pakosta | Invitation | Tabletop on AI, disruption & global trade (Tues 7 July)
From: "Isabella Wilkinson" <[email-masked]>
To: "Justiits- ja Digiministeerium" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "AI Safety Asia AISA" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2026 17:30:45 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

FAO H.E. Ms. Liisa Pakosta

On behalf of Chatham House and AI Safety Asia, co-hosted by Université de
Genève, it is our pleasure to invite you to a tabletop exercise on
diplomatic responses to an AI-enabled incident highlighting regional
coordination, held on the sidelines of the inaugural UN Global Dialogue on
AI Governance.

Date

Tuesday, July 7, 2026

Time

0800 to 1000 CEST

Location

Ground floor, Campus Biotech Innovation Park, Av. de Sécheron 15, 1202
Genève, Switzerland

Convened under

The Chatham House Rule

This deliberative roundtable simulates a fictional-but-feasible scenario:
an AI-enabled disruption to global shipping and trade. Guided by
facilitators, participants work in regional groups to explore response
options to an unpredictable, escalating and interdependent event.

We would be thrilled to include a representative from Estonia (and have
already invited the Geneva-based mission) and sincerely hope H.E. Ms.
Liisa Pakosta or a member of her team is available to join us, given her
other engagements in Geneva next week.

The exercise focuses on two regions: (1) Asia-Pacific via ASEAN and (2)
the North Atlantic via EU, UK and Canada. It will generate a set of
practical recommendations for strengthening regional diplomacy during
future incidents. These findings will be platformed at the Swiss AI Summit
and the next Global Dialogue, and form part of a broader programme of work
on global governance readiness.

No background knowledge is required. This is an exploratory, open-ended
exercise, strictly convened under the Chatham House Rule.

Please RSVP to  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked] at
your earliest convenience.

If you wish to nominate another colleague well-placed to participate, we
are glad to receive suggestions. Participants will receive a background
note, a list of participants, and an agenda.

Isabella Wilkinson (she/her)

Research Fellow, Digital Society Programme

The Royal Institute of International Affairs

Chatham House

10 St James's Square

London SW1Y 4LE

<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2fchathamhouse.org%2f&c=
E,1,IPqVmsIT83O1K6M3nmZK7BFnIKf4d3WmHqsbAV7GJDBWxNsJMBUceHlJGwsvKc-8CzJRt4
AmfNE2uGBdjLGDbTFmMTY3my6GJftMjTa7txkHvqsdrg,,&typo=1>

Independent thinking since 1920

My working days are Mon-Thu.

Become a Chatham House member – find out more and join here:
https://www.chathamhouse.org/become-member
<https://www.chathamhouse.org/become-member?utm_medium=email&utm_source=Ch
atham%20House&utm_campaign=staff_email>

Sign up to receive our mailing list for the latest research, comment and
events:
https://www.chathamhouse.org/user/register
<https://www.chathamhouse.org/user/register?utm_medium=email&utm_source=Ch
atham%20House&utm_campaign=staff_email>

Listen and subscribe to Independent Thinking, the weekly podcast from
Chatham House:
https://www.chathamhouse.org/podcasts
<https://www.chathamhouse.org/podcasts?utm_medium=email&utm_source=Chatham
%20House&utm_campaign=staff_email>