Subject: FW: Request for Input: Salt Reduction Initiatives in Estonia (Updated 2026 Review)
From: "Info - SOM" <[email-masked]>
To: "Info - SOM" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2026 08:30:59 +0300

_____

Saatja: Monica Hu <[email-masked]>
Saadetud: teisipäev, 9. juuni 2026 22:18
Adressaat: Karmen Joller - SOM <[email-masked]>
Koopia: Kathy Trieu <[email-masked]>
Teema: Request for Input: Salt Reduction Initiatives in Estonia (Updated 
2026 Review)

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Good morning,

We are writing to you regarding the national salt reduction initiative in 
Estonia to kindly request your assistance in completing the attached 
questionnaire.

The George Institute for Global Health at the University of New South Wales 
(Sydney) is currently updating our paper, Salt Reduction Initiatives Around 
the World (2021) (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33693460/). This review 
aims to provide a comprehensive global overview of national salt reduction 
initiatives and to assess countries’ progress towards international targets.

Participation in this study is voluntary. We are inviting individuals who 
are or have been involved in the development or implementation of national 
salt reduction strategies. If you choose not to participate, this will not 
affect your relationship with UNSW or The George Institute.

To ensure we capture the most accurate and up-to-date information, we would 
be grateful if you could review the pre-filled questionnaire and:

1.	Confirm and update any existing information where needed;
2.	Complete any sections where information is missing; and
3.	Provide any relevant documents or links where possible.

The questionnaire should take approximately 15 minutes to complete. By 
returning the completed questionnaire, you consent to the use of the 
information for research purposes by The George Institute for Global Health.

This study has been approved by the UNSW Human Research Ethics Committee 
(iRECS8148). If you have any concerns, you may contact 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>  or +61 2 9385 
6222, quoting the approval number.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, or if there is a 
more appropriate contact we should approach.

We would greatly appreciate your response by 10 July, if possible. Thank you 
very much for your time and support.

Best wishes,

Monica Hu
PhD Candidate, Food Policy
The George Institute for Global Health, UNSW

Kathy Trieu
Director, WHO Collaborating Centre on Population Salt Reduction

Monica Hu

PhD Candidate, Food Policy

Explore how our research is changing lives – 
<https://impact.georgeinstitute.org/2025/> view our Impact Report

The George Institute for Global Health | Australia

L8, Health Translation Hub, 55 Botany Street Randwick NSW 2031

PO Box 6366 UNSW SYDNEY NSW 1466

E [email-masked]

W  <http://www.georgeinstitute.org/> www.georgeinstitute.org | N 
<https://www.georgeinstitute.org/e-news-subscribe> newsletter

 <https://www.linkedin.com/school/george-institute> LinkedIn | 
<http://www.facebook.com/thegeorgeinstitute> Facebook | 
<https://www.instagram.com/georgeinstitute/> Instagram | 
<https://bsky.app/profile/georgeinstitute.bsky.social> Bluesky

We are proud to work in partnership with UNSW Sydney, Imperial College 
London and the Manipal Academy of Higher Education

The George Institute acknowledges the Bidjigal and Gadigal Peoples as 
Traditional Custodians of the lands on which the Australia office is 
situated. We pay our respect to Elders past and present.