Subject: FW: AmCham Estonia- ITL Letter on the EU Digital Omnibus
From: "Justiits- ja Digiministeerium" <[email-masked]>
To: "Justiits- ja Digiministeerium" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2026 14:46:15 +0300

From: Daria Sivovol <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2026 5:34 PM
To: Liisa-Ly Pakosta - JUSTDIGI <[email-masked]>; Lauri Luht - 
JUSTDIGI <[email-masked]>; Kristi Värk - JUSTDIGI 
<[email-masked]>; Kristiina Krause - JUSTDIGI 
<[email-masked]>
Cc: "Doris Põld (ITL)" <[email-masked]>
Subject: AmCham Estonia- ITL Letter on the EU Digital Omnibus

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Minister Pakosta,

(CC Lauri Luht, Kristi Vark, Kristiina Krause)

On behalf of the American Chamber of Commerce in Estonia (AmCham Estonia) 
and the Estonian Association of Information Technology and 
Telecommunications (ITL), we are pleased to share our attached position 
paper on the European Commission's Digital Omnibus initiative.

AmCham Estonia and ITL strongly support the European Union's ambition to 
simplify its digital regulatory framework. Reducing regulatory overlap, 
increasing legal certainty, and strengthening Europe's competitiveness are 
objectives that our members fully share. We welcome the political commitment 
behind this initiative and recognize the importance of creating a more 
coherent and innovation-friendly regulatory environment for businesses 
operating across the European Union.

At the same time, we believe that the current proposal, as well as the 
accelerated timeline under which it is being negotiated, risks falling short 
of these objectives. In our view, the Digital Omnibus presents an important 
opportunity not only to streamline existing obligations but also to ensure 
that simplification efforts deliver meaningful and lasting benefits for 
companies, consumers, and public authorities alike.

The attached paper outlines our key concerns and recommendations, with a 
particular focus on ensuring regulatory coherence, avoiding unintended 
compliance burdens, and supporting Europe's long-term digital 
competitiveness.

We would welcome the opportunity to discuss these recommendations further 
and remain available to provide any additional information that may be 
helpful as Estonia contributes to the ongoing discussions at the European 
level.

Thank you for your consideration.

Kind regards,

Daria & Doris

Daria Sivovol
CEO
---------------------------------------------------
American Chamber of Commerce Estonia
Tallinn Business Center, Harju 6, 10130
Tallinn, Estonia
Tel.: +372 6 310 522
Mob. +372 5341 5576
Fax.: + 372 6 310 521
www.amcham.ee <http://www.amcham.ee>