Subject: Academic Inquiry: Digital Chain of Custody Procedures using Blockchain
From: "DIOGO LOPES DIAS DE MORAES" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2025 22:21:35 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Diogo Lopes Dias de Moraes, and I am a postgraduate student in 
Criminal Sciences at the Catholic University of Salvador in Brazil. I am 
currently writing my final paper (TCC) on the admissibility of blockchain 
hash registration as atypical evidence for the digital chain of custody in 
the Brazilian criminal justice system.

Estonia is globally recognized as a leader in e-governance and the use of 
distributed ledger technology. For my research, it would be invaluable to 
understand how your country's legal and technical systems handle this 
matter.

Could you please provide any information or public documentation regarding 
the official procedures or standards used in Estonia for establishing and 
maintaining the chain of custody for digital evidence, specifically through 
the use of blockchain technology or the X-Road system?

Any guidance on this topic, or being directed to the appropriate department 
or expert, would be of great assistance to my academic work.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Diogo Lopes Dias de Moraes
Postgraduate Student, Criminal Sciences
Catholic University of Salvador
Salvador, Bahia, Brazil