Subject: Support for a Strong and Ambitious Revision of the EU Tobacco Excise Directive
From: "Raquel Venancio" <[email-masked]>
To: Jürgen Ligi - RAM <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Lilia Olefir" <[email-masked]>, "Gijs van Wijk" <[email-masked]>, "Erin Roman" <[email-masked]>, "Info - RAM" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2025 19:12:06 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Honourable Jürgen Ligi,

Please find attached a joint letter from the Smoke Free Partnership
coalition, the European Society for Medical Oncology, the European Cancer
Organisation, the European Respiratory Society, and the European Cancer
League.

In this letter, we express our strong support for a comprehensive and
ambitious revision of the EU Tobacco Excise Directive and outline our key
recommendations to ensure that this reform effectively protects public
health and aligns with the objectives of Europe’s Beating Cancer Plan.

Given the importance of this issue and the upcoming negotiations, we would
be pleased to arrange a meeting at your convenience to further explain our
position and exchange views. This discussion could also take place with
the Estonian Permanent Representation in Brussels, should that be more
suitable.

We remain at your disposal and look forward to the opportunity for
constructive dialogue.

Kind regards,

Raquel Venâncio

Senior Policy Officer | Smoke Free Partnership

Chaussée de Louvain 479 – 1030 Brussels

Mobile:       +351 915952458

Office:         +32 (0) 499 84 32 22

Email:           <mailto:[email-masked]>
[email-masked]

SFP is a coalition of over 55 NGOs working on policy analysis and advocacy
to implement the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control at EU level.

Main partners: Belgian Foundation Against Cancer, Cancer Research UK,
Comité National contre le Tabagisme, European Heart Network, Health Funds
for a Smokefree Netherlands, Norwegian Cancer Society, Cancerfonden.

EU Transparency Register number:
<http://ec.europa.eu/transparencyregister/public/consultation/displaylobby
ist.do?id=6403725595-50> 6403725595-50