Subject: Medical Devices Regulation (MDR) revision and request to meet in Tallinn
From: "Szydlowski, Kamil" <[email-masked]>
To: "Karmen Joller - SOM" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Info - SOM" <[email-masked]>, "Anniki Lai - SOM" <[email-masked]>, "Ebe Sarapuu - SOM" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2026 17:04:35 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Minister Joller,

Zimmer Biomet which I represent is a US-based, global medical technology 
leader with a comprehensive portfolio designed to maximize mobility and 
improve health. We seamlessly transform the patient experience through our 
innovative products that integrate orthopedic implants (e.g., knee and hip) 
with surgical robotics, data analytics, mixed reality, and artificial 
intelligence. Our products help to deliver on our mission to alleviate pain 
and improve the quality of life for people around the world.

Estonia has always been an important market for our company. Today, we 
supply 6 hospitals with high quality medical equipment and innovative 
technologies through our local distributor and estimate that over 4.000 
Latvian and Estonian patients benefit from our products and solutions each 
year. We are also an active member of MedTechEurope gathering all key 
medical devices manufacturers.

Having in mind the fact that in December 2025 the Commission announced its 
long-awaited draft revision proposal on Medical Devices Regulation (MDR) 
(link 
<https://health.ec.europa.eu/publications/proposal-regulation-simplify-rules-medical-and-vitro-diagnostic-devices_en> 
 ) and that we have thoroughly analyzed the file I wanted to kindly ask if 
you or any of your associates would be available for a meeting to discuss 
its key elements. If you agree to meet, please feel free to already propose 
a date and time for such exchange.

I consider scheduling a visit to Tallinn either on 24-25 September or 1-2 
October so if any of those days fit your plans, that would surely be a 
preferrable option.

In the meantime, I am also seeking an appointment with Estonian Permanent 
Representation in Brussels also on that topic.

Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely yours,

Kamil Szydłowski

Kamil Szydlowski

Government Affairs Associate Director CEE

+48 451 055 722 Mobile

 <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked]

Zimmer Biomet Polska Sp. z o.o.

ul. Domaniewska 50, 02-672 Warszawa

NIP: 527-269-75-61, KRS 471017; Sąd Rejonowy dla m.st. Warszawy w Warszawie, 
XIII Wydział Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sądowego; wysokość kapitału 
zakładowego: 106 000.00 ZŁ

 <http://www.zimmerbiomet.com/> www.zimmerbiomet.com