Subject: Medicinal Products Act / Import authorisation query (unlicensed medicines)
From: "Jenna Bruce" <[email-masked]>
To: "Ravimiamet" <[email-masked]>, "Eriluba" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Clinigen Regulatory Affairs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 16:18:10 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada. 	
  
Dear State Agency of Medicine,
I am contacting you as a Senior Regulatory Affairs Associate at Clinigen
with an enquiry in relation to the import of medicinal products in to
Estonia according to the Medicinal Products Act.
 
We understand that in order to import an unlicensed drug in to Estonia:
*   An import permit is required where the product does not have a
marketing authorisation in any of the EEA member states 
*   An import permit is not required where the product has a marketing
authorisation in an EEA member state (instead the medicines agency should
be notified no later than 5 working days after the import)
 
Please can you kindly clarify if an import permit is required when
importing an unlicensed drug into Estonia, where the product is authorised
in the UK (and supplied in UK commercial packaging):
1.  In the case that there is a marketing authorisation for the same
active substance/pharmaceutical form in an EEA member state
2.  If there is not a marketing authorisation for the same active
substance/pharmaceutical form in an EEA member state
The UK are no longer part of the EEA however our understanding is that
wholesalers in Estonia may refer to EMA’s Article 57 database
(https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/human-regulatory-overview/post-authorisation
/data-medicines-iso-idmp-standards-post-authorisation/public-data-article-
57-database) to determine if an import permit is required, and this
database still includes products with a marketing authorisation in the UK.
 
Thank you in advance.
Kind regards,
Jenna
 
Jenna Bruce 
Regulatory Affairs Associate	

t: &#43;44 1932 824000	
	
m: &#43;44 7880 201227	
	
e: [email-masked]	

 <https://www.clinigengroup.com/>  	
	
clinigen.com	
 <https://twitter.com/Clinigen>  	
	 	 <https://www.linkedin.com/company/clinigen>  	

The information you need, directly to you:
Sign-up for our tailored news alerts	

This email (and any attachments) is intended solely for the addressee. It
is confidential and may be subject to copyright. It may contain legally
privileged or proprietary information. If you are not the intended
addressee, immediately notify the sender, permanently delete it and do not
read, use, copy, store, disclose or rely on the information contained in
this email (or any attachment). Emails sent to and from Clinigen Limited
and/or its subsidiaries (“Clinigen”) may be monitored and read for
legitimate business purposes, including compliance with the law and our
regulatory obligations. Emails and their attachments cannot be guaranteed
to be secure or error-free: you should protect your systems. Clinigen
cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage sustained as a result
of computer viruses and the recipient must ensure that the email (and
attachments) are virus free. Clinigen does not accept any liability
arising from delay, interception, corruption, loss or destruction of this
email (including any attachment), or received incomplete or with viruses.
Your privacy is important to us. Please see our Privacy Policy for further
details.

Clinigen Limited is a private limited company (registered in England and
Wales with registered number 06771928) whose registered office is at
Pitcairn House, Crown Square, Centrum 100. Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire,
DE14 2WW. Clinigen Limited’s subsidiary trading companies registered in
England and Wales can be found here.