Subject: BRS Fundraising Bulletin – 2026-2027 Biennium (May 2026)
From: "BRS Secretariat \(No-Reply\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2026 18:10:54 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.	Dear
Sir/Madam,
 
As the 2026–2027 biennium is now underway, we are pleased to share with
you this new edition of the BRS Fundraising Bulletin. Attached, you will
find an updated overview (as of May 2026) of programme of work (POW)
activities requiring funding, including the corresponding budgets, in
support of intersessional work under the Basel, Rotterdam and Stockholm
Conventions during the current biennium.
 
Timely voluntary contributions remain essential to address the funding
needs for the implementation of voluntarily funded activities under the
BRS conventions. In particular, such contributions are critical to support
ongoing and forthcoming intersessional processes, including time‑sensitive
technical and procedural work.
 
In addition, given the importance of ensuring full participation in the
2027 meetings of the Conferences of the Parties and the related regional
preparatory meetings, we have addressed this matter in a dedicated
fundraising letter circulated separately on 16 April 2026 (attached for
ease of reference). We encourage you to refer to that letter for details
on how early voluntary contributions during 2026 will be key to supporting
timely planning, organization of meetings, and travel arrangements.
 
The Secretariat has also published a set of generic concept notes
outlining voluntary funding needs for the 2026–2027 biennium. These are
available on the BRS conventions’ website here and are intended to support
Governments and interested entities in identifying opportunities to
contribute to the effective implementation of the Conventions.
 
Should your Government be interested in contributing to any of the
activities outlined in the attachment or the concept notes, please contact
the Secretariat’s Resource Mobilization Focal Point, Mr. Frank Moser, at
[email-masked], at your earliest convenience.
 
We thank you for your continued support.
 
Yours sincerely,
Secretariat of the Basel, Rotterdam and Stockholm Conventions