Subject: Support Request for Toidukapp Project in Tallinn
From: "Mohamed Abdelmomen" <[email-masked]>
To: "Info - SOM" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2025 11:45:25 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Hello,

My name is Mohamed Abdelmomen, and I am a member of the Tallinn Goodwill 
Rotary Club. We are currently working in collaboration with Rohevald to 
install a Toidukapp (community food cabinet) in Tallinn. The Toidukapp will 
serve as a point where local restaurants and grocery stores can donate 
surplus food, and volunteers will ensure its upkeep and accessibility.

While Tallinn already has some Toidukapp options offered through 
subscription models, the one we are proposing will be freely accessible to 
everyone at any time, following the successful examples already operating in 
Tartu and Harjumaa (outside of Tallinn).

We have already secured part of the necessary funding, but I am reaching out 
to the Ministry of Social Affairs to explore possibilities for support. 
Specifically, we would greatly appreciate:

*	Guidance on potential fundraising opportunities,

*	Information on whether government funding may be available for such an 
initiative, and/or

*	Help connecting with the appropriate contacts who could assist us in 
moving this project forward.

The estimated cost of the Toidukapp is approximately €6,500 (including VAT).

I am leading this project on behalf of the Tallinn Goodwill Rotary Club, and 
I am deeply committed to making it a reality. For me, this initiative is 
both a way to give back to Estonian society in the long term and a step 
toward ensuring food access as a basic human right.

Importantly, this format allows people to receive food with dignity, without 
the need to stand in long lines, as is often the case in Tallinn today.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration. I would be grateful for 
any guidance or support you could provide to help bring this project to 
life.

-- 

Best regards,

Mohamed Abdelmomen

Tallinn Goodwill Rotary Club

Tel: +372 58048410

E-mail: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

Personal Website:  <https://abdelmomenn.wixsite.com/home> 
https://abdelmomenn.wixsite.com/home

LinkedIn:  <https://www.linkedin.com/in/abdelmomenn/> 
https://www.linkedin.com/in/abdelmomenn/