Subject: Consultation - 2nd WHO European Health Equity Status Report - reference document with main data sources and selection of graphs
From: "BROWN, Christine Elisabeth" <[email-masked]>
To: "BROWN, Christine Elisabeth" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, "Limburg, Maximilian [mlimburg]" <[email-masked]>, "SIENKIEWICZ, Dorota" <[email-masked]>, "DAVIA, Stefania" <[email-masked]>, "BERTOLA, Andrea" <[email-masked]>, "HYDE, Melanie" <[email-masked]>, "VIAL, Ilaria" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2025 15:15:00 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Message addressed to WHO National Counterparts, WHO National Technical Focal 
Points for Equity and social determinants of health, WHO Representatives

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Colleague,

In November 2025,  the WHO Regional Office for Europe will launch the 2nd 
European Health Equity Status Report. The Report will provide all countries 
of the WHO European Region with data-driven insights to support policy 
actions that address health inequities. Inside the 2nd European Health 
Equity Status Report there will be a comprehensive analysis of the latest 
status and trends in health equity and well-being within and across 
countries of the WHO European Region, together with analysis of the main 
determinants that underpin these trends.

In light of the major demographic shifts within and across countries in the 
WHO European Region, the 2nd European Health Equity Status Report will also 
include a special feature on health equity across the life course with a 
spotlight on health equity in adolescence and youth and in later life.

A companion product to the 2nd European Health Equity Status Report, is an 
Interactive Health Equity Atlas. This will go live online with the launch of 
the report in November 2025. The Atlas contains all the data behind the 
Report, in an easy to navigate tool that allows policy makers, planners and 
service providers to make an equity deep dive into their own country, to 
compare progress and status across more than 120 health equity indicators 
disaggregated by age, sex and a measure of socioeconomic status and to 
identify priorities for action. The Data in the Health Equity Atlas can also 
be exported in a variety of charts that are suitable for preparing reports, 
presentations, briefings and advocacy purposes.

As part of WHO/Europe’s commitment to transparency and consultation and in 
advance of the report being launched, I am pleased to share with you a 
reference document containing the main data sources and the selection of 
graphs that will feature in the 2nd European Health Equity Status Report. 
This is not the actual 2nd European Health Equity Status Report  but a 
summary of key graphs, the rationale for why and how indicators were 
selected and a brief description of the methodology used to undertake the 
equity analysis and the modelling of status, trends and the association with 
a range of social determinants.

I would kindly ask you to share this document with relevant colleague 
responsible for data analysis and for health equity for their information 
and kind review of the material before we proceed with final publication.

Please send any questions or comments by 28th August. If we don’t receive 
any feedback or comment from you within this timeframe we will take this as 
there are no comments to be made.

Thank you in advance for your continued collaboration and support for this 
important work to support the goal of leaving no one behind due to poor 
health.

Best Regards,

Chris

Chris Brown

Head

WHO European Office for Investment for Health and Development

Venice, Italy

[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

+39 3475382758