Subject: RE: Request for expressions of interest to review the eGISRS epidemiology terms of reference for surveillance teams in countries and areas
From: "EURO Influenza" <[email-masked]>
To: "EURO Influenza" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "WIDDOWSON, Marc-alain" <[email-masked]>, "MOOK, Piers Andrew Nicholas" <[email-masked]>, "FIELDING, James Edward" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2024 14:00:00 +0300

Dear colleagues

To clarify, the deadline for expressions of interested is Tuesday 30 July.

Apologies for any confusion caused by the typo in the original mail.

All the best

WHO/EURO & WHO/HQ respiratory virus surveillance teams

 

From: EURO Influenza 
Sent: 24 July 2024 18:27
To: EURO Influenza <[email-masked]>
Cc: WIDDOWSON, Marc-alain <[email-masked]>; MOOK, Piers Andrew
Nicholas <[email-masked]>; FIELDING, James Edward <[email-masked]>
Subject: Request for expressions of interest to review the eGISRS
epidemiology terms of reference for surveillance teams in countries and
areas

Dear Colleagues

Recognizing the momentum of change for respiratory virus surveillance
expanding beyond influenza since the COVID-19 pandemic, WHO Headquarters,
as the secretariat for expanded Global Influenza Surveillance Response
System (eGISRS), has developed a new package of Terms of Reference (ToRs)
that formally recognize the roles and responsibilities that surveillance
teams and laboratories in countries and areas have in conducting
surveillance for influenza, SARS- CoV-2, and, where countries and areas
choose, RSV.

The package of ToRs considers 4 components that recognize the distinct
functions of each part but which work together to achieve a robust,
sustainable approach for respiratory virus surveillance and response in
each country and area and for the global community:

*	The Epidemiology ToR component recognizes and outlines the
expectations of the foundational syndromic surveillance that yields
specimens for respiratory virus testing within eGISRS.
*	The National Influenza Centre (NIC) ToRs outline the expected
quality and responsibilities of influenza testing and response activities.
*	The SARS-CoV-2 ToRs outline the expected quality and
responsibilities of SARSCoV- 2 testing and response activities within
eGISRS.
*	The RSV ToRs outline the expected quality and responsibilities of
RSV testing within eGISRS.

We are currently seeking expressions of interest to review and feedback on
the content and clarity of the draft Epidemiology ToRs for eGISRS. If you
would like to be involved in this process, please let us know by
responding to this mail by Tuesday 31 July. 

We are looking for approximately 5-7 countries or areas to be involved; if
we have too many expressions of interest we will make a selection to
ensure sub-regional representation.

Many thanks for your consideration

WHO/EURO & WHO/HQ respiratory virus surveillance teams