Subject: Tamarind Intelligence - Nicotine pouches and oral tobacco
From: "Danae Driessen" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2025 15:42:01 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.	
Dear, 

I am Danae Driessen, junior legal analyst for Tamarind Intelligence,
based in Barcelona. 
We collect data about the regulatory landscape worldwide and publish it
on our websites (EcigIntelligence, Tobacco Intelligence,
CannIntelligence). We are also official data providers for the US FDA and
the EU Commission. 
Our company is completely independent and has no vested interest in these
industries. I am writing you to inquire about the status of nicotine
pouches and oral tobacco within Estonian law.

Are there currently any projects from the government to further regulate
nicotine pouches since bill 654, or to revisit this bill? Is there a
possibility the current government could revisit the ban on oral tobacco
products?

Does the government perceive nicotine pouches  as safer alternatives to
traditional tobacco products? Could this perspective influence future
regulations, potentially leading to stricter or more lenient restrictions?
Are there possibilities for changes in regulations or leniency following
the 2027 elections?

Thank you for your time. I look forward to reading your response.

Best regards,

Danae Driessen