Subject: Site occupation permit for a metocean buoy - ELWIND (Estonia)
From: "Guillem Fox" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Ignasi Andreu" <[email-masked]>, "Felix Urrea" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2025 18:27:38 +0300

Good afternoon,

My name is Guillem Fox, and I am a Project Manager of the company EOLOS. I
am reaching out to request information regarding the procedure for
obtaining all the required permits to install a metocean buoy for the
renewable energy project ELWIND in the Estonian waters.

Please find below the information of the project:

*	Planned Coordinates:

*	Latitude: 58°01'22.80" N
*	Longitude: 21°43'30.00" E

*	Estimated time of Deployment December 2025
*	Site occupation duration: 13 months after the deployment date
*	Purpose: Meteorological and metocean data
*	Buoy model: EOLOS FL200 BUOY E39
*	Main dimensions: length 4m, width 4m and hight 5,3m
*	Mooring: Single chain mooring system
*	Safety (THE IALA MARITIME BUOYAGE SYSTEM (MBS)):

Description:

*	Top mark: Single 3-D Yellow Diagonal Cross, “X” shape, or Saint
Andrew’s Cross (also called a saltire).
*	Colour: “Special marks are yellow” (IALA R1001 2.5.2.2): Structure
painted RAL 1023.

Light:

*	Colour: yellow.
*	Rhythmic character: Fl (5) Y 20s for Ocean Data Acquisition
Systems (ODAS) buoys.

Supplementary:

*	AIS AtoN.
*	Radar Reflector.

Could you kindly inform us which permit do we need (buoy registration,
site occupation, MMSI…)?

What would be the application form and the information required?

What is the typical processing time for all the required permits?

Thank you in advance for your assistance. I look forward to your response.

Best regards,

Guillem Fox Vendrell

Project Engineer

 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

M :  <tel:+34647041806> +34 691 394 350

 <http://www.eolos.com/> www.eolos.com