Subject: Questionnaire on the Organisation and Regulation of Radiology Services - Reqest for data from Slovenia
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2026 11:31:26 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Sir/Madam,

The Research Section of the National Assembly of the Republic of Slovenia is 
preparing a comparative overview on the organisation and regulation of 
radiology services in EU member states. The study is being prepared to 
support evidence-based decision-making within the Slovenian Parliament.
The purpose of the study is to examine how radiology services are organised, 
including the role of public and private providers, the regulation of 
private provision, and mechanisms aimed at safeguarding the public interest 
and preventing conflicts of interest.

We know we are asking a lot, but we would be very grateful for your support 
and for any time and effort you would be willing to devote to answering our 
questions. Your expertise and insights would greatly contribute to the 
quality and comprehensiveness of the comparative analysis. We would 
appreciate it if you could provide answers to the following questions and, 
where possible, indicate relevant legislation, official documents, or other 
sources.

1. Organisation of radiology services

How are radiology services organised and provided in your country?

Please indicate:

•        whether radiology services are provided mainly by public hospitals, 
private providers, or a combination of both;
•        whether private providers form part of the publicly funded 
healthcare network;
•        whether there are significant differences between different types 
of radiological services (e.g. diagnostic radiology, interventional 
radiology).

2. Role of private providers and their participation in the publicly funded 
healthcare system

Can private providers of radiology services provide services financed 
through the public healthcare system?

If yes:

•        on what legal or contractual basis do they provide such services 
(e.g. contracts with public health insurance funds, concessions, public 
procurement procedures);
•        are there specific conditions that private providers must meet in 
order to participate in the publicly funded system;
•        are there any restrictions regarding the scope of private provision 
of radiology services?

3. Dual practice of radiologists and prevention of conflicts of interest

Are radiologists allowed to work simultaneously in the public and private 
sectors?

If yes:

•        are there any specific restrictions or conditions applicable to 
such dual practice;
•        what mechanisms are in place to prevent conflicts of interest (e.g. 
patient self-referral, ownership of diagnostic centres, provision of 
services for multiple providers, other safeguards)?

4. Special status and regulation of radiology services

Does legislation or other regulation provide radiology services, or specific 
types of radiological services, with a special status due to their 
importance for the public interest?

If yes:

•        please provide a brief description of the relevant arrangements and 
the applicable legal basis.

5. Ensuring accessibility of radiology services

Does your country use specific measures to ensure access to radiology 
services or to reduce waiting times?

If yes:

•        what role do private providers play in ensuring accessibility;
•        are there specific programmes, contractual arrangements, or other 
measures aimed at increasing access to radiology services?

6. Additional information

Are there any other specific features of the organisation or regulation of 
radiology services in your country that you consider relevant for a 
comparative analysis?

Thank you ...

Wishing you a pleasant summer.

Kind regards,

Mojca

Mojca Pristavec Đogić, MSc

Raziskovalni oddelek/Research Section
Šubičeva 4, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenija | T: +386 1 478 9430 | M:   | F: +386 
1 478 9450 | E:  <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked] | Splet:  <http://www.dz-rs.si/> 
www.dz-rs.si

 	Mislimo zeleno. Hvala, ker tega sporočila niste natisnili.
Think green before printing!