Subject: Interview request - DG REGIO Study - Work Package 12: Crisis response - ex post study of Cohesion policy
From: "Manon Badouix" <[email-masked]>
To: "Piret Loorand"
Cc: "RAM Info"
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2024 11:45:36 +0300

Dear Mr Loorand,

I am contacting you about the study of crisis response instruments for the
European Commission (DG REGIO), for which you already participated to a
survey and a hybrid seminar end of March this year (see the attached
letter of introduction).

We (the Austrian Institute for Regional Studies (ÖIR GmbH) and consortium)
would like to thank you for your valuable input, which already helped our
work and participated to our decision to take the example of Estonia’s
approach in our case study about the response to the health crisis
(CRII/CRII+, REACT-EU).

Indeed, to illustrate the different approaches taken by Member States to
support their health systems with EU funds during this crisis, we decided
to have a more thorough description of six Member States: Estonia, France,
Ireland, Czechia, Spain, and Italy.

In this case study, we would like to highlight the strategy, opportunities
and obstacles Estonia had to face while implementing these instruments.

Though some of these aspects have already been answered by you via the
survey, I was wondering if we could exchange for about 45 min, preferably
during the month of July.
Would you be available for such an exchange, this month?

I thank you in advance for your help and remain at your disposal by e-mail
or telephone for any further clarification.

PS: You can find attached a list of questions that would guide the
discussion. It will be adapted to concentrate on the aspects where we need
more in-depths information.

Best regards,

Manon Badouix

Manon Badouix, MA

 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]  |  +43 1 533 87 47-42

ÖIR GmbH
Austrian Institute for Regional Studies

A-1010 Wien/Vienna, Franz-Josefs-Kai 27

UID/VAT Nr. ATU66911023
Handelsgericht Wien/Vienna Commercial Court, FN 372716 m

 <http://www.oir.at> www.oir.at