Subject: ReFuelEU penalties
From: "Camille Mutrelle" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Francesco Catte" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2024 16:17:46 +0300

Good afternoon,

My name is Camille Mutrelle and I am a policy officer at Transport & 
Environment, Europe's leading non-profit advocacy organization on clean 
transport and energy.

I am reaching out to inform you that we have recently published a paper on 
penalties for fuel suppliers in ReFuelEU 
<https://www.transportenvironment.org/articles/implementing-the-eus-e-saf-mandate> 
(see document attached). Given the importance of setting the right level of 
penalties to implement the mandate, our research provides an analysis of the 
price of e-kerosene and the cost of non-compliance with ReFuelEU that we 
believe may be of interest to your administration.

We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to meet with a representative 
from your team to discuss the findings of our study and explore how they 
might assist in the implementation of ReFuelEU, particularly in relation to 
setting penalties for fuel suppliers.

Our recommendations include:

*	Setting clear and realistic penalty levels for SAF non-compliance by the 
end of 2024 to provide project developers with the certainty they need.
*	Using standardized price references based on the forthcoming EASA report 
to ensure consistency across the EU and set e-kerosene penalties above 9,000 
EUR per tonne.
*	Regularly updating penalty levels to reflect market price fluctuations, 
ensuring penalties are always higher than SAF prices to incentivize 
compliance.

Please let us know if there is a convenient time for a meeting in the next 
few weeks. We are flexible and happy to adapt to your schedule.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from 
you.

Warm regards,

-- 

Camille Mutrelle
Aviation Policy Officer
+32 490 51 10 73
Square de Meeûs 18, 1050 Ixelles
Brussels, Belgium
  <https://ci3.googleusercontent.com/mail-sig/AIorK4yWbRTJmMBAe6yV75ZgIycIw4BayGgQPUot1HHiBW4FbBtOftXH_yORTJoQt1ObsqB2pwWs305O5uU4>

 <https://twitter.com/transenv> 
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/transport-environment/> 
<https://www.instagram.com/transportandenvironment/> 
<https://www.transportenvironment.org/>

EU Transparency Register: 58744833263-19

---

Kiri on saadetud väljastpoolt valitsemisala.  Ärge avage kirjaga kaasa 
tulnud linke või manuseid enne, kui olete saatja õigsuses ja sisu 
turvalisuses kindel.