Subject: Invitation Letter for the Diplomatic briefing , September 12, 2024
From: "Victorya Zhovtenko" <[email-masked]>
To: "Victorya Zhovtenko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2024 17:44:13 +0300

Invitation Letter for the Diplomatic briefing on the economic situation in
Ukraine, September 12, 2024

The Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting would like to
invite you for our regular monthly ‘Diplomatic Briefing’ during which IER
experts share their views on the economic situation in Ukraine as well as
present the results of recent business tendency survey.
The next Diplomatic Briefing dedicated to a discussion “Ukraine’s economic
situation and challenges in August 2024” will be held online via Zoom on
September 12, 2024, Thursday, from 16:00 to 17:00 Kyiv time (9:00-10:00
EST / 15:00-16:00 CEST).
In August the access to electricity improved as Ukraine produced more
electricity due to completed repairs of blocks on nuclear power plants and
high imports. This supported the development of manufacturing. However,
statistical base effect somewhat suppressed figures of recovery.
The fiscal situation was rather difficult in August with high challenges
for the rest of 2024 and 2025 with high financial needs, which are not
covered by either domestic or external sources. The hot debates on tax
amendments so far were not finalized. At the same time, the IMF started
the mission on the fifth review of the IMF program, which would be a
challenge: the macroeconomic forecast is to be revised, the financing is
yet to be found.
The IER experts will discuss these and other recent economic trends
(including trade developments, monetary policy, inflation, etc),
challenges and outlook during the Briefing.
Besides, the results of the IER business tendency survey, conducted in
July, will be presented.
English is a working language of the meeting.
We sincerely hope that you can honor us with your presence.
Please, register for the participation in the Briefings via e-mail to
Victoriya Zhovtenko: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

 <http://www.ier.com.ua/en>

Reytarska 8/5-А, 01054 Kyiv

е-mail: [email-masked]

 <https://www.facebook.com/IER.Kyiv>

IER.Kyiv

 <https://twitter.com/IER_Kyiv>

@IER_Kyiv