Subject: Support Request for the Feasibility Study of Advanced Particle Therapy Centre for the Baltic States (APTCB)
From: Brigita Abakevičienė <[email-masked]>
To: "Info - SOM" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Fjodor Sergejev" <[email-masked]>, "Sergei Nazarenko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2025 10:20:26 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Ministry of Social Affairs of the Republic of Estonia,

On behalf of the CERN Baltic Group
<https://indico.cern.ch/category/10023/> , we hereby send the Support
Request for the Feasibility Study of Advanced Particle Therapy Centre for
the Baltic States (APTCB).

Enclosed:

*	Support request letter for the Feasibility Study of Advanced
Particle Therapy Centre for the Baltic States (APTCB).
*	Full text of recent expert publication, outlining key aspects and
highlighting the strategic significance of APTCB: Paļskis, K.,
Korobeinikova, E. et al. <https://doi.org/10.1007/s12553-024-00875-2>
<https://doi.org/10.1007/s12553-024-00875-2> “Particle therapy - future
for the Baltic states?” – synthesis of the expert workshop report, Health
and Technology, 2024 <https://doi.org/10.1007/s12553-024-00875-2>  –
outlining key aspects of the initiative.
*	Brochures on APTCB initiative and Feasibility Study in Estonian
and English.
*	Executive summary of the Feasibility Study Proposal.

Sincerely

Dr. Brigita Abakevičienė

| Chair of the CERN Baltic Group

Kaunas University of Technology

Institute of Materials Science |  <https://materials.ktu.edu/>
https://materials.ktu.edu

K. Barsausko st. 59, Room A-216, 51423 Kaunas, Lithuania

+370 686 07546 |  <mailto:[email-masked]>
[email-masked] |