Subject: IHO - Webinar on ‘Opportunities in the Marine & Maritime Sectors’
From: "Info IHO" <[email-masked]>
To: "Info IHO" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2026 13:40:05 +0300

Dear Sir/Madam,

The IHO and its partners are organizing a webinar to highlight different 
career paths and opportunities in the marine & maritime sectors, and we 
would like to invite you to attend and to share this information within your 
organization.

One of the aspects it will focus on are pathways for women and youth.

What to expect:

*	Inspiring career stories from international experts
*	Strategies to overcome challenges and promote inclusion
*	Opportunities for networking and collaboration

Speakers include:

*	Mariana Noceti, Principal Programme Assistant at the International 
Maritime Organization (IMO).
*	Captain Renda Aslantas, Maritime Pilot and Master Mariner from the 
International Maritime Pilots' Association (IMPA).
*	Dr Jana Friedrich, Head of the Radioecology Laboratory at the 
International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Marine Laboratories.
*	Dr Joanna Post, Head of the Ocean Observations and Services Section at the 
Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IOC) of UNESCO.
*	Erik de Groot, Associate Director at the World Meteorological 
Organization.
*	Margaret Dixon, Marine Services Officer at the International Organization 
of Marine Aids to Navigation and Lighthouse Authorities (IALA).
*	Luigi Sinapi, Director of the International Hydrographic Organization 
(IHO).

📅Date: 12 May 2026

🕒 Time: 1:30 pm BST / 2:30 pm CEST

⌛ Duration: 1 hour

Please feel free to share this invitation with colleagues and anyone who may 
find it interesting, particularly students and early-career professionals.

Register here: 
<https://imo-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_q4tv6P-zSVeAvGsJChqL3g> 
https://imo-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_q4tv6P-zSVeAvGsJChqL3g

Organized by the IHO, IMO, WMO, IOC UNESCO, IALA, IAEA, FIG and IMPA 
Capacity Building Coordination Committee.

Best regards,

IHO Secretariat

  _____

Cet email peut contenir des informations confidentielles et est réservé à 
l'usage exclusif de son destinataire. Toute divulgation de ces informations 
est strictement interdite et peut être illégale. Si vous avez reçu cet 
e-mail par erreur, veuillez nous en informer immédiatement et le supprimer. 
Toutes les précautions raisonnables ont été prises pour s'assurer qu'aucun 
virus n'est présent dans cet e-mail. Nous déclinons toute responsabilité en 
cas de perte ou de dommage résultant de l'utilisation de cet e-mail ou des 
pièces jointes. Nous vous recommandons de les soumettre à vos procédures de 
vérification antivirus avant toute utilisation.

This e-mail may contain confidential information and is intended solely for 
the addressee. Any disclosure of this information is strictly prohibited and 
may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please notify 
us immediately and delete this email. All reasonable precautions have been 
taken to ensure no viruses are present in this email. We cannot accept 
responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of this email or 
attachments. We recommend that you subject these to your virus checking 
procedures prior to use.