Subject: Proposal to Reduce VAT on Educational Books and Video Materials
From: "Tamas Bodzsar" <[email-masked]>
To: "Info - RAM" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2025 10:11:48 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Sir or Madam,

My name is Tamas Bodzsar, and I am an independent educator and author based 
in Budapest, Hungary. I have developed a new concept in music theory called 
The Rhythm Code <https://www.howtowritebettersongs.com/step/ebook-6/> , 
which has been purchased by more than 18,000 people across 156 countries, 
and many of my readers are from Estonia. My book is already being used at 
university level — one musicology professor even teaches his students 
directly from it.

As an independent author without a publishing house, I distribute my books 
and educational materials exclusively through my own website. My goal is to 
make music education accessible to everyone, regardless of location or 
budget.

I would like to suggest that Estonia consider reducing the VAT on books and 
educational materials — both printed and digital — to 0%, as allowed under 
the current EU framework. Such a measure would strongly support independent 
educators, authors, and students, helping to make valuable educational 
knowledge more affordable and widely available.

I also believe that educational video materials, when used for teaching and 
cultural education, should fall under the same reduced or zero VAT category 
as books, given their increasingly important role in modern learning.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration. I would be glad to 
provide further information or share insights about the educational and 
cultural impact of this proposal.

With kind regards,

  <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/dyP6Qm8Jqw0lGqtj_HFsRZ7pUGIqN-jIrTccIG6H6vM9T7MM740QuDnWf3sPDrAUAw3XY0VZpp9axx7YPbQv7K4MOtiS_Kv8ebae8L4dx1m4tH5lX0NcAN3omZZf121a0hGIKCYMl9uycZM_j6LewU2R69jMJ3iPNxeQxV2R08RWJ7gLtvqoKRzcQ8un9Q>

Tamas Bodzsar

Music Producer

[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

 <https://www.linkedin.com/in/bodzsar/> LinkedIn | 
<https://instagram.com/therhythmcode> Instagram