Subject: Circular / Circulaire No 54(25): Convocation of the Council on General Affairs and Policy 2026
From: "HCCH" <[email-masked]>
To: "National Organ Estonia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2025 18:22:38 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Version française ci-après <>
Versión en español abajo <>

a

Convocation of the Council on General Affairs and Policy 2026

HCCH 2025 Focused Circular No 54

The Secretary General

Distinguished representatives of HCCH Members,

I am pleased to convene the Council on General Affairs and Policy (CGAP) for 
its 2026 meeting.

The CGAP 2026 meeting will take place from Tuesday 3 (9.30 a.m.) to Friday 6 
March (1.00 p.m.) 2026, in the Building of the Hague Academy of 
International Law, on the grounds of the Peace Palace, Carnegieplein, The 
Hague.

While I would like to emphasise the importance of having significant and 
representative in-person participation, the Permanent Bureau (PB) will make 
arrangements for the possibility of online participation.

Simultaneous interpretation in English, French, and Spanish will be 
provided.

A provisional draft agenda and further documents will be made available in 
due course. All public documents pertaining to the meeting will be posted on 
the HCCH website at www.hcch.net <http://www.hcch.net/>  (under “Governance” 
=> “Council on General Affairs and Policy”). Documents relating to matters 
to be considered by Members only will be made available on the Secure Portal 
of the HCCH website. The PB will endeavour to provide the documents for the 
meeting in English, French, and Spanish. Documents will be uploaded as they 
become available.

Please note that on Thursday 5 March 2026 the meeting will be Members-only 
to facilitate discussion of certain governance and financial matters. 
Observers will be able to join the plenary again for the last session of the 
CGAP meeting on Friday 6 March 2026.

Members wishing to take this opportunity to sign, ratify, accept, approve or 
accede to one or several HCCH Conventions are invited to contact the office 
of the Secretary General at [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> , so that the 
necessary preparations with the depositary may be made.

In order to facilitate the preparation of the meeting, Members are invited 
to designate their respective delegates via the 
<http://assets.hcch.net/docs/53a37a47-12b8-4fab-b9b9-3a840edd2938.docx> 
registration form before Tuesday 17 February 2026, 5.00 p.m. (CET) and 
submit it by e-mail to the PB at  <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked]. Please note that the form must be completed in 
English, French or Spanish.

Please note that for Members attending the CGAP meeting in person, the 
number of seats allocated will be assigned proportionally based on the size 
of the in-person delegation. Observers will be assigned one seat regardless 
of the size of their delegation.

I look forward to our 2026 CGAP meeting.

Yours sincerely,

Dr Christophe Bernasconi

THE HAGUE, 30 September 2025

To the National and Contact Organs of the Members
To the Diplomatic Missions of the Members

Observers

Pursuant to Rules II.B and II.J of the HCCH Rules of Procedure, please find 
below the observers the PB intends to invite to this meeting:

Admitted States (subject to change)
•             Colombia
•             Lebanon
•             Bahrain
•             Guatemala

States for which the voting period on membership is ongoing
•             Qatar

Interested States
•             Algeria
•             Bahamas
•             Bolivia
•             Cameroon
•             Democratic Republic of the Congo
•             Indonesia
•             Jamaica
•             Kenya
•             Nigeria
•             Pakistan
•             Uganda
•             United Arab Emirates

Intergovernmental Organisations
•             African Union (AU)
•             Asian-African Legal Consultative Organization (AALCO)
•             Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)
•             Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
•             Australasian Association of Private International Law (AAPrIL)
•             Caribbean Court of Justice (CCJ) Academy for Law
•             CARICOM
•             Commonwealth
•             Comunidade dos Países de Língua Portuguesa (CPLP)
•             Council of Europe
•             Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC)
•             International Commission on Civil Status (CIEC)
•             International Development Law Organization (IDLO)
•             International Institute for the Unification of Private Law 
(UNIDROIT)
•             International Monetary Fund (IMF)
•             MERCOSUR
•             Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
•             Organization for the Harmonization of Business Law in Africa 
(OHADA)
•             Organization of American States (OAS)
•             United Nations (UN)
•             United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (UNHCR)
•             United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
•             United Nations Commission on International Trade Law 
(UNCITRAL)
•             UN Women
•             World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
•             World Tourism Organization (UNWTO)
•             World Trade Organization (WTO)

Non-governmental organisations
•             American Association of Private International Law (ASADIP)
•             Common Law Association of Notaries (CLAN)
•             Council of Bars and Law Societies of Europe (CCBE)
•             European Law Institute (ELI)
•             Hague Academy of International Law
•             Inter-American Bar Association (IABA)
•             International Association of Judges (IAJ)
•             International Association of Lawyers (UIA)
•             International Bar Association (IBA)
•             International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
•             International Law Association (ILA)
•             International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA)
•             International Union of Judicial Officers (UIHJ)
•             International Union of Notaries (UINL)
•             P.R.I.M.E. Finance foundation

  _____

a

 Convocation du Conseil sur les affaires générales et la politique de 2026

Circulaire ciblée No 54 de la HCCH de 2025

Le Secrétaire Général

Aux représentants distingués des Membres de la HCCH,

J’ai l’honneur de convoquer le Conseil sur les affaires générales et la 
politique (CAGP) pour sa réunion de 2026.

La réunion du CAGP de 2026 se tiendra du mardi 3 (9 h 30) au vendredi 6 mars 
(13 h) 2026, dans les locaux de l’Académie de droit international de La 
Haye, dans l’enceinte du Palais de la Paix, Carnegieplein, La Haye.

Bien que j’insiste sur l’importance d’une participation forte et 
représentative en personne, le Bureau Permanent (BP) prendra les 
dispositions nécessaires afin de permettre une participation en ligne.

Une interprétation simultanée en anglais, français et espagnol sera assurée.

Un avant-projet d’ordre du jour et d’autres documents seront disponibles en 
temps utile. L’ensemble des documents publics relatifs à la réunion sera 
publié sur le site web de la HCCH à l’adresse www.hcch.net 
<http://www.hcch.net/>  (sous les rubriques « Gouvernance » puis « Conseil 
sur les affaires générales et la politique »). Les documents relatifs aux 
questions réservées uniquement aux Membres seront disponibles sur le Portail 
sécurisé du site web de la HCCH. Le BP fera tout son possible pour que les 
documents de la réunion soient disponibles en anglais, en français et en 
espagnol et les publiera dès qu’ils seront disponibles.

Veuillez noter que le jeudi 5 mars 2026, la réunion sera réservée uniquement 
aux Membres afin de faciliter la discussion de certaines questions de 
gouvernance et financières. Les Observateurs pourront à nouveau se joindre à 
la réunion pour la dernière séance, le vendredi 6 mars 2026.

Les Membres souhaitant saisir cette occasion pour signer, ratifier, accepter 
et approuver une ou plusieurs Conventions de la HCCH ou à y adhérer sont 
invités à contacter le bureau du Secrétaire Général à l’adresse [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]>  afin que les préparatifs nécessaires puissent être 
organisés avec le dépositaire.

Afin de faciliter la préparation de la réunion, les Membres sont invités à 
désigner leurs délégués respectifs au moyen du 
<http://assets.hcch.net/docs/e5440f72-a9fb-4a13-b4e5-8455996face5.docx> 
formulaire d’inscription avant le mardi 17 février 2026, à 17 h (heure d’Europe 
centrale) et à le soumettre par courrier électronique au BP à l’adresse 
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]. Veuillez noter que le 
formulaire doit être rempli en anglais, en français ou en espagnol.

Veuillez noter que pour les Membres assistant à la réunion du CAGP en 
personne, l’attribution du nombre de sièges sera proportionnelle à la taille 
de la délégation participant en personne. Les Observateurs se verront 
attribuer un siège quelle que soit la taille de leur délégation.

Je me réjouis de vous rencontrer à la réunion du CAGP de 2026.

Dans l’attente de cette réunion, veuillez recevoir, chers Membres, l’expression 
de mes sentiments les meilleurs.

Dr Christophe Bernasconi

LA HAYE, le 30 septembre 2025

Aux Organes nationaux et de liaison des Membres
Aux Missions diplomatiques des Membres

Observateurs

Conformément aux articles II.B et II.J du Règlement intérieur de la HCCH, 
veuillez trouver ci-après la liste des Observateurs que le BP a l’intention 
d’inviter à cette réunion :

États admis (sous réserve de modifications)
•             Colombie
•             Liban
•             Bahreïn
•             Guatemala

États pour lesquels la période de vote sur l’adhésion est en cours
•             Qatar

États intéressés
•             Algérie
•             Bahamas
•             Bolivie
•             Cameroun
•             Émirats arabes unis
•             Indonésie
•             Jamaïque
•             Kenya
•             Nigeria
•             Ouganda
•             Pakistan
•             République démocratique du Congo

Organisations intergouvernementales
•             Académie de droit de la Cour de justice des Caraïbes (CCJ)
•             Association des nations de l’Asie du Sud-Est (ASEAN)
•             Australasian Association of Private International Law (AAPrIL)
•             CARICOM
•             Commonwealth
•             Commission des Nations Unies pour le droit commercial 
international (CNUDCI)
•             Commission Internationale de l’État Civil (CIEC)
•             Comunidade dos Países de Língua Portuguesa (CPLP)
•             Coopération économique Asie-Pacifique (APEC)
•             Conseil de coopération du Golfe (CCG)
•             Conseil de l’Europe
•             Fonds des Nations Unies pour l’enfance (UNICEF)
•             Fonds monétaire internationale (FMI)
•             Haut-Commissariat des Nations Unies aux droits de l’Homme 
(HCDH)
•             Institut international pour l’unification du droit 
international privé (UNIDROIT)
•             ONU Femmes
•             Organisation de coopération et de développement économiques 
(OCDE)
•             Organisation des États américains (OEA)
•             Organisation internationale de droit du développement (OIDD)
•             Organisation juridique consultative pour les pays d’Asie et d’Afrique 
(AALCO)
•             Organisation mondiale du commerce (OMC)
•             Organisation mondiale de la propriété intellectuelle (OMPI)
•             Organisation mondiale du tourisme (OMT)
•             Organisation pour l’harmonisation en Afrique du droit des 
affaires (OHADA)
•             MERCOSUR
•             Nations Unies (ONU)
•             Union africaine (UA)

Organisations non gouvernementales
•             Association américaine de droit international privé (ASADIP)
•             Association de droit international (ILA)
•             Académie de droit international de La Haye
•             Association internationale des avocats (UIA)
•             Association internationale du barreau (IBA)
•             Chambre de Commerce Internationale (ICC)
•             Common Law Association of Notaries (CLAN)
•             Conseil des Barreaux européens (CCBE)
•             Institut de droit européen (ELI)
•             Inter-American Bar Association (IABA)
•             International Association of Judges (IAJ)
•             International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA)
•             Union internationale des huissiers de justice et officiers 
judiciaires (UIHJ)
•             Union internationale du Notariat (UINL)
•             P.R.I.M.E. Finance foundation

  _____

a

  Convocatoria del Consejo de Asuntos Generales y Política de 2026

Circular Específica N.º 54 de la HCCH de 2025

El Secretario General

Distinguidos representantes de los Miembros de la HCCH:

Me complace convocar la reunión de 2026 del Consejo de Asuntos Generales y 
Política (CAGP).

Dicha reunión tendrá lugar del martes 3 (09:30) al viernes 6 de marzo 
(13:00) de 2026, en la sede de la Academia de Derecho Internacional de La 
Haya, en el predio del Palacio de la Paz, Carnegieplein, La Haya.

Si bien quiero subrayar la importancia de contar con una participación 
presencial significativa y representativa, la Oficina Permanente (OP) 
dispondrá lo necesario para que también sea posible la participación en 
línea.

Habrá interpretación simultánea entre inglés, francés y español.

El proyecto de agenda provisional y otros documentos se distribuirán tan 
pronto como sea posible. Los documentos públicos relativos a la reunión se 
publicarán en el sitio web de la HCCH: www.hcch.net <http://www.hcch.net/> 
(en “Gobernanza” => “Consejo de Asuntos Generales y Política”). En cambio, 
aquellos relativos a los asuntos que deban ser examinados únicamente por los 
Miembros se pondrán en el Portal Seguro. Los documentos se irán cargando al 
sitio web a medida que estén listos. La OP hará todo lo posible por 
ofrecerlos en inglés, francés y español.

Cabe señalar que el jueves 5 de marzo de 2026 la reunión será exclusivamente 
para los Miembros, para facilitar la discusión de asuntos económicos y de 
gobernanza. Los observadores podrán volver a incorporarse para la última 
sesión de la reunión, el viernes 6 de marzo.

Se invita a los Miembros que deseen aprovechar la oportunidad para firmar, 
ratificar, aceptar, aprobar o adherirse a uno o varios Convenios de la HCCH 
a que se pongan en contacto con la oficina del Secretario General 
([email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ) para proceder a los preparativos 
necesarios con el depositario.

Para facilitar la preparación de la reunión, se invita a los Miembros a 
designar a sus respectivos delegados por medio del 
<http://assets.hcch.net/docs/37b7f99d-284b-44f4-bdcb-cebda9818f14.docx> 
formulario de inscripción, que deberán enviar por correo electrónico a 
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]. La fecha límite para 
ello es el martes 17 de febrero de 2026, a las 17:00 (hora de Europa 
Central). Rogamos tengan en cuenta que el formulario debe completarse en 
inglés, francés o español.

Rogamos tengan en cuenta que para los Miembros que asistan en persona, el 
número de asientos se asignará proporcionalmente en función del tamaño de la 
delegación presencial. A los observadores se les asignará un solo asiento, 
independientemente del tamaño de la delegación.

Espero con interés la celebración de la reunión del CAGP de 2026.

Atentamente,

Dr. Christophe Bernasconi

LA HAYA, 30 de septiembre de 2025

A los Órganos Nacionales y de Contacto de los Miembros
A las Misiones Diplomáticas de los Miembros

Observadores

De conformidad con los artículo II.B y II.J del Reglamento Interno de la 
HCCH, a continuación se indican los observadores que la OP tiene previsto 
invitar a esta reunión:

Estados admitidos (la lista puede cambiar)
•             Colombia
•             Líbano
•             Bahrein
•             Guatemala

Estados para los que el período de votación sobre su admisión como Miembro 
está en curso
•             Qatar

Estados interesados
•             Argelia
•             Bahamas
•             Bolivia
•             Camerún
•             Emiratos Árabes Unidos
•             Indonesia
•             Jamaica
•             Kenya
•             Nigeria
•             Pakistán
•             República Democrática del Congo
•             Uganda

Organizaciones intergubernamentales
•             Academia de Derecho de la Corte de Justicia del Caribe
•             Alto Comisionado de las Naciones Unidas para los Refugiados 
(ACNUR)
•             Asociación de Naciones de Asia Sudoriental (ASEAN)
•             Australasian Association of Private International Law (AAPrIL)
•             CARICOM
•             Comisión de las Naciones Unidas para el Derecho Mercantil 
Internacional (CNUDMI)
•             Comisión Internacional del Estado Civil (CIEC)
•             Commonwealth
•             Comunidade dos Países de Língua Portuguesa (CPLP)
•             Consejo de Cooperación del Golfo (CCG)
•             Consejo de Europa
•             Cooperación Económica Asia-Pacífico (APEC)
•             Fondo de las Naciones Unidas para la Infancia (UNICEF)
•             Fondo Monetario Internacional (FMI)
•             Instituto Internacional para la Unificación del Derecho 
Privado (UNIDROIT)
•             MERCOSUR
•             Naciones Unidas (ONU)
•             ONU Mujeres
•             Organización de Cooperación y Desarrollo Económicos (OCDE)
•             Organización de los Estados Americanos (OEA)
•             Organización Internacional de Derecho para el Desarrollo 
(IDLO)
•             Organización Jurídica Consultiva Asiático-Africana (AALCO)
•             Organización Mundial de la Propiedad Intelectual (OMPI)
•             Organización Mundial del Comercio (OMC)
•             Organización Mundial del Turismo (OMT)
•             Organización para la Armonización del Derecho Mercantil en 
África (OHADA)
•             Unión Africana (UA)

Organizaciones no gubernamentales
•             Academia de Derecho Internacional de La Haya
•             Asociación Americana de Derecho Internacional Privado (ASADIP)
•             Asociación Internacional de Abogados (IBA)
•             Cámara de Comercio Internacional (CCI)
•             Common Law Association of Notaries (CLAN)
•             Consejo de la Abogacía Europea (CCBE)
•             Federación Interamericana de Abogados (FIA)
•             Instituto Europeo de Derecho (ELI)
•             International Law Association (ILA)
•             International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA)
•             P.R.I.M.E. Finance foundation
•             Unión Internacional de Abogados (UIA)
•             Unión Internacional de Magistrados (UIM)
•             Unión internacional de oficiales, auxiliares y agentes de la 
administración de justicia (UIHJ)
•             Unión Internacional del Notariado (UINL)