Subject: [Interview invitation] Study - EU SME Test in practice: effectiveness and gaps
From: "Timothy Yeung" <[email-masked]>
To: "info - MKM" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Linnea Paludan" <[email-masked]>, "Rukudzo Nyoka" <[email-masked]>, "Leonie Kunze" <[email-masked]>, "Andrea Renda" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2026 15:00:00 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Madam/Sir,

I hope this message finds you well.

On behalf of the Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), I would like
to invite you to participate in an interview regarding SME Tests. We are
currently assessing the quality and effectiveness of the SME Tests
conducted within the European Commission's Impact Assessments for new
legislation. This study is commissioned by the Directorate-General for
Economy, Transformation and Industry (ECTI) of the European Parliament.

We would be delighted if one of your colleagues would be willing to share
your perspectives in a 45-60 minutes interview. The interview questions
will be communicated to you ahead of time for your review.

The interview can be held online, depending on your preference, and we are
happy to accommodate your schedule. Ideally, we would love to arrange the
interview over the course of July.

Your insights would make a valuable contribution to the study and help
inform practical policy recommendations on improving the design and
implementation of the SME Test within the EU Better Regulation framework.

If any of your colleagues would be better suited for this interview,
please feel free to forward this invitation to them.

Thank you for considering our invitation; we hope you will be able to
participate. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any
questions or require further information.

Kind regards,

Timothy Yu-Cheong YEUNG

Research Fellow

 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

+32 498 78 17 94

Place du Congrès 1, 1000 Brussels, Belgium

 <https://www.linkedin.com/in/timothy-yc-yeung/> LinkedIn ·
<https://www.ceps.eu/ceps-staff/timothy-yeung/> ceps.eu