Subject: Invitation Letter Diplomatic briefing on March 11, 2024
From: "Victorya Zhovtenko" <[email-masked]>
To: "Victorya Zhovtenko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2024 17:35:24 +0200

Dear Distinguished Colleagues,

We are delighted to extend our invitation to you for our monthly meeting
of the IER experts (Kyiv, Ukraine) – ‘Diplomatic Briefing’, – dedicated to
a discussion “Ukraine’s economic situation and challenges prevailing in
February 2024”.

The meeting will be held online via Zoom on March 11, 2024, Monday, from
16:00 to 17:00 (Kyiv time), which corresponds to 15:00 to 16:00 (CEST).

In February, real GDP growth remained close to January 2024 according to
the estimates of the IER experts. Industrial sectors improved their
performance. Exports were high due to improved logistics through Ukraine
Sea Corridor, which allowed external trade by not only agricultural
products but also ores. However, strikes of Polish farmers somewhat harmed
external trade. Fiscal situation remains challenging as there were so far
no regular tranches of international aid as it was the case in 2023.

Additionally, we will present findings from the February IER's Business
Tendency Survey (#NRES), which indicated the improvement of performance
indicators and better expectations of business. Shortage of labour becomes
even higher challenge for business operation than before.

We will delve into these and other topics in greater detail during our
meeting.

Keynote speakers:

Oleksandra Betliy, macroeconomic, public finance, social and healthcare
expert, IER Leading Research Fellow;

Vitaliy Kravchuk, macroeconomic, monetary policy and financial market
expert, IER Leading Research Fellow;

Oksana Kuziakiv, IER Chief Executive, Head of the Center for Contemporary
Society studies.

English is a working language of the meeting.

We sincerely hope that you can honor us with your presence. Please,
register for the participation in the Briefings via e-mail:
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

Diplomatic Briefings represent an exclusive initiative by the IER,
thoughtfully tailored to cater to the needs of diplomatic institutions,
government entities, and central banks. We kindly request your discretion
in refraining from sharing this invitation with individuals outside of
your respective organizations.

Should you wish to extend this invitation to additional colleagues who
would benefit from this discourse, we humbly request that you provide us
with their contact information.

Please do not forget to provide your e-mail address. We will use it to
provide the link to Zoom and Presentations.

 <http://www.ier.com.ua/en>

Reytarska 8/5-А, 01054 Kyiv

е-mail: [email-masked]

 <https://www.facebook.com/IER.Kyiv>

IER.Kyiv

 <https://twitter.com/IER_Kyiv>

@IER_Kyiv