Subject: FW: regarding SCEs
From: "Justiitsministeerium"
To: "Justiitsministeerium"
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2024 11:20:35 +0300

From: Aušrinė Pasvenskienė <[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> >
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2024 1:23 PM
To: Sandra Särav - MKM <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >
Subject: regarding SCEs

Dear Sandra Särav-Tammus,

I am writing regarding European Cooperative Societies in Estonia.

I am conducting a research for the European Commission about the companies
with this legal form (SCEs) in Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia.

In the state registry I find that there is only one such legal entity
registered in Estonia. Do you have any information why this form of legal
entity is not popular in your country? Do you have a specific regulation
to this kind of legal entities?

And do you think that the national law or Council Regulation (EC) No
1435/2003 of 22 July 2003 on the Statute for a European Cooperative
Society (SCE) need some changes in order to be more attractive for
businesses?

I would really appreciate you answers. Brief answers would be sufficient.
Thank you in advance!

Pagarbiai / Best regards,

Aušrinė Pasvenskienė

Doc. dr. / Assoc. Prof.

Prodekanė tarptautiniams ryšiams ir marketingui / Vice-Dean for
International Relations and Marketing

Senior Editor-in-Chief, Baltic Journal of Law & Politics

Vytauto Didžiojo universitetas / Vytautas Magnus University

Teisės fakultetas / Faculty of Law

Jonavos g. 66-218, 44191 Kaunas

Mob. +370  618 16009

 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]