Subject: eGov4Youth MoU – Invitation to the Ministry of Social Affairs
From: "Anastasiia Dudko" <[email-masked]>
To: "Hanna Vseviov - SOM" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Info - SOM" <[email-masked]>, "Ingrid Pappel" <[email-masked]>, "Silvia Lips" <[email-masked]>, "Florian Marcus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2026 18:02:02 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Hanna,

I hope my email finds you well.

On behalf of Tallinn University of Technology (TalTech) and the
<http://www.egov4youth.eu/> eGov4Youth project, we would like to invite
the Estonian Ministry of Social Affairs (Sotsiaalministeerium) to consider
joining us as a signatory to the EGov4Youth Memorandum of Understanding
(MoU).
While the Ministry has not been directly involved in eGov4Youth from the
beginning, we believe there is a particularly meaningful connection
between the project's objectives and the Ministry's work in promoting
social inclusion, equal opportunities, the well-being of children and
young people, and the participation of different groups in society.
eGov4Youth – Empowering Youth through e-Government: Bridging Engagement
and Digital Governance focuses on strengthening young people's
participation in public and civic life and exploring how digital solutions
can facilitate more meaningful interaction between young people and public
authorities.
An important aspect of the project is ensuring that opportunities for
digital participation are inclusive and accessible to different groups of
young people, including those with fewer opportunities and young people
who may be more difficult to reach through traditional participation
mechanisms.
As the project approaches its conclusion, we would like to ensure that the
tools, knowledge, good practices and cooperation network developed through
EGov4Youth continue beyond the formal project lifetime.
The purpose of the MoU is therefore to establish a framework for continued
cooperation around active youth participation, inclusive digital
governance and civic engagement, while supporting the longer-term uptake
and sustainability of eGov4Youth results.
Depending on the Ministry's interests and priorities, cooperation under
the MoU may include:

*

	integration or piloting of the EGOV4YOUTH Platform as a tool for
youth consultation, participation and co-creation;
*

	promotion and use of the EGOV4YOUTH MOOC as an open educational
resource for young people, civil servants and other stakeholders;
*

	joint youth engagement initiatives, including outreach to young
people with fewer opportunities and NEETs;
*

	exchange of good practices, feedback and lessons learned;
*

	participation in monitoring, evaluation and continuous improvement
activities;
*

	dissemination and follow-up activities within national and
European networks; and
*

	contribution to a broader European alliance on e-governance for
youth, connecting public authorities, youth organisations and project
partners.

We believe that the Ministry of Social Affairs could bring a particularly
valuable social inclusion perspective to the EGov4Youth cooperation
network.
Ensuring that young people's voices are heard in public decision-making is
not only a question of digitalisation. It is also a question of equal
opportunities, accessibility and social inclusion – particularly for young
people who may face social, economic or other barriers to participation.
The Ministry's experience would therefore be highly relevant to the
exchange of good practices within EGov4Youth and could help strengthen the
project's approach to ensuring that digital participation reaches not only
already active and well-connected young people, but also those whose
voices are more difficult to reach.
I would also like to emphasise that the MoU is a non-binding expression of
the Parties' intentions and shared commitment to cooperation. It does not
create legally binding obligations, establish a formal partnership or
joint venture, or imply any automatic financial obligation for the
Ministry.
Any future financial commitments would require a separate written
agreement, and either party may terminate the MoU by providing three
months' written notice.
The signing of MoUs with relevant Estonian public authorities is also one
of the final KPIs of the eGov4Youth project. Our objective is to establish
this cooperation framework with at least five Estonian public authorities
connected to youth empowerment, engagement and participation in
public-sector activities.
Considering the Ministry's important role in supporting social inclusion,
equal opportunities and the well-being of children, young people and
families in Estonia, we would be delighted if the Ministry of Social
Affairs could become one of the Estonian public authorities supporting the
continuation and sustainability of eGov4Youth.
Would the Ministry therefore be willing to consider signing the eGov4Youth
MoU with TalTech?
As we are currently completing the final stage of the project, we would be
extremely grateful to receive your feedback at your earliest convenience.
We would, of course, be happy to clarify any provisions of the MoU or
discuss how the cooperation framework could best reflect the Ministry's
role and interests.
Many thanks in advance for considering our invitation.
We sincerely hope that the Ministry of Social Affairs can join us in
ensuring that the results and network created through EGov4Youth continue
contributing to meaningful and inclusive youth participation, stronger
dialogue between young people and public authorities, and inclusive
digital governance in Estonia and across Europe.
EGov4Youth – Empowering Youth through e-Government: Bridging Engagement
and Digital Governance
www.egov4youth.eu <https://www.egov4youth.eu/>

Best regards,

Anastasiia Dudko

International cooperation coordinator

Next Gen Research Group

School of IT, Department of Software Science

Tallinn University of Technology

Tel +372 5884 3935

 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

 <https://egov.ee/> https://egov.ee/

 ICT-640