Subject: Invitation Letter Diplomatic briefing on April 10, 2024,
From: "Victorya Zhovtenko" <[email-masked]>
To: "Victorya Zhovtenko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 13:21:16 +0300

Dear Distinguished Colleagues,

We are delighted to extend our invitation to you for our monthly meeting
of the IER experts (Kyiv, Ukraine) – ‘Diplomatic Briefing’, – dedicated to
a discussion “Ukraine’s economic situation and challenges in March 2024”.

The meeting will be held online via Zoom on April 10, 2024, Wednesday,
from 16:00 to 17:00 (Kyiv time), which corresponds to 15:00 to 16:00
(CEST).

In March Russia renewed shelling of energy infrastructure, which created
the problem for the access to electricity for business and households in
several regions. This together with the blockage of border by Polish
farmers negatively impacted the exports. Fiscal situation improved in
March due to record external assistance, primarily from the EU. However,
the situation remains challenging as the US defence and economic aid
remains stalled in the Congress and, therefore, fiscal gap remains large.

Additionally, we will present findings from the March IER's Business
Tendency Survey (#NRES), which indicated the improvement of performance
indicators and better expectations of business. Shortage of labour becomes
even higher challenge for business operation than before.

We will discuss these and other topics in greater detail during our
meeting.

Keynote speakers:

Oleksandra Betliy, macroeconomic, public finance, social and healthcare
expert, IER Leading Research Fellow;

Vitaliy Kravchuk, macroeconomic, monetary policy and financial market
expert, IER Leading Research Fellow;

Oksana Kuziakiv, IER Chief Executive, Head of the Center for Contemporary
Society studies.

The meeting will be moderated by Veronika Movchan, IER Academic Director.

English is a working language of the meeting.

We sincerely hope that you can honor us with your presence. Please,
register for the participation in the Briefings via       e-mail:
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

Diplomatic Briefings represent an exclusive initiative by the IER,
thoughtfully tailored to cater to the needs of diplomatic institutions,
government entities, and central banks. We kindly request your discretion
in refraining from sharing this invitation with individuals outside of
your respective organizations.

Should you wish to extend this invitation to additional colleagues who
would benefit from this discourse, we humbly request that you provide us
with their contact information.

Please do not forget to provide your e-mail address. We will use it to
provide the link to Zoom and Presentations.

 <http://www.ier.com.ua/en>

Reytarska 8/5-А, 01054 Kyiv

е-mail: [email-masked]

 <https://www.facebook.com/IER.Kyiv>

IER.Kyiv

 <https://twitter.com/IER_Kyiv>

@IER_Kyiv