Subject: New Trend - Ozempic Injection Pens
From: "NG Perry" <[email-masked]>
To: "ZONE IPCQ" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Pangea" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 03:35:25 +0300

FROM : IPSG
OEC/ILM/IGGH

Your ref: New
Our ref: 2022/382/ILM/IGGH/PNG

Dear NCB colleagues,

In the context of Operation Pangea, INTERPOL Illicit Goods and Global Health 
(IGGH) would like to alert you regarding a new trend happening in Ireland 
whereby the product - Ozempic injection pens are sold in beauty clinics to 
consumers for the purpose of weight loss.

The situation is that this product is prescribed by consultants and 
administer to patients with Type 2 diabetes and obesity. The product is sold 
for €250 each by the beauty clinic owners and are injected into the stomach 
area of the patients.

This product causes serious health implications for people using these pens 
without authorised medical supervision.

This product was authorised by the European Medicines Agency for 
distribution in Ireland, the UK and Malta but is now being distributed 
outside the legal distribution chain. Clinics are also importing this 
product via the illegal supply chain and possibility that this product maybe 
sold online.

Please find below the available photos of the product:

We strongly recommend that you circulate this message to your country’s law 
enforcement bodies to alert them about this trend so as to allow them to 
take whatever preventive and precautionary measures they deem necessary. All 
recipients are strongly encouraged to share any data or similar cases that 
you have concerning this product.

Thank you.

Best regards,

………………………………………
Perry NG
Criminal Intelligence Officer
Illicit Markets
Illicit Goods and Global Health Program

INTERPOL Global Complex for Innovation
18 Napier Road, Singapore 258510
Office Phone: &#43;65 6550 3641
[email-masked]
www.interpol.int